Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no disk?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

no disk? Empty no disk?

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 10:54

Having a slight problem let me start of by saying im pretty new to all this my gf is the one who plays the sims last night she told me she wanted to explanation for the future thing or whatever . So I told her I could just torrent it for her since im used to doing it for some pc racing games  I downloaded everything and extracted all the files to the game folder ( she doesn't have the cracked version she has the actual disk)  the explanation thing launched it updated and went to hit play and it's telling us their isnt a disk . From what iv experienced in the past is that the crack wasn't installed correctly or whatever . Now I would just reinstall her game but she doesnt want to loose her saved data . Is their anyway to fix this? I would love for the expanation to work for her. Is their anyway to find her saved data in one of the folders and then delete the game plus explanation then re download her game and place her saved data and re try the expantion  im pretty sure irs somethint im doing  anyway to fix this ?Or even better to get the game to work with the explanation ?

Back to top Go down

no disk? Empty Re: no disk?

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 13:07

Hello,

Before uninstalling everything. I suggest to re-do first these 2-5 steps in this link: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

*Make sure re-download and re-apply the Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch. Smile

And let us know the result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 22:37

Still not working. do i need to do that manual patch to make it work? when i click on the file to open the game its telling me  unable to start please reinstall the base game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:24

If you end up re-installing the base game, make sure that you select to keep the saved files. You can also back up the saved files... Just make a copy of the folder located in Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3     This is were the saved games, installed worlds, and setting are stored for the game. 

Make sure you extract the folder before installing Into the Future. Update using the Manual Patch. Then download and take the crack from the #crack file of the Ultimate Fix and copy and paste it into the Sims 3 Base Game folder located in  Program files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/Game/Bin   Location varies slightly of corse depending on what version of Windows your friend has. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:58

Thank you guys for all your help i finally got it to work. i was putting the crack files into the second bin folder not the main folder that opens lol. now heres the big question is it a pain in the ass to put more expantions? i want the one with the zombies and stuff and she wants the island expantion how would i go about doing that? again thank you guys for all your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:13

Add all the expansions you want. If the game is updated completely just go ahead and install the rest. Then reapply the crack from the Ultimate fix to be sure that the game will run without the cd. There shouldn't be an issue. Supernatural and Island Paradise are good expansions to have Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top