Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file Empty There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 06:24

I did a search of the forums, but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer to my question.

After unpacking my downloaded torrent to a folder on my desktop, I began watching the youtube video that details the first steps of how to install the sims 3 correctly.

The first thing you see in the folder depicted in the video are two files with yellow icons that say "The_Sims_3_Disk_1" and "The_Sims_3_StartDisk", then the video proceeds to tell you how to mount them using Daemon Tools (which I also downloaded and installed)

However, the folder I unpacked does not have either of these files. I downloaded "The sims 3 complete collection", but none of the files inside of the sims 3 basegame file have names like this, although they seem to be complete game files. There are a ton of folders within the sims 3 base game folder.

Is my download messed up? Or are there instructions I am somehow missing? What am I supposed to do with these? I am trying to follow the steps, but nothing looks the same as it does in the video.

Back to top Go down

There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file Empty Re: There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Aug 2015, 09:08

Sephiroth wrote:I did a search of the forums, but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer to my question.

After unpacking my downloaded torrent to a folder on my desktop, I began watching the youtube video that details the first steps of how to install the sims 3 correctly.

The first thing you see in the folder depicted in the video are two files with yellow icons that say "The_Sims_3_Disk_1" and "The_Sims_3_StartDisk", then the video proceeds to tell you how to mount them using Daemon Tools (which I also downloaded and installed)

However, the folder I unpacked does not have either of these files. I downloaded "The sims 3 complete collection", but none of the files inside of the sims 3 basegame file have names like this, although they seem to be complete game files. There are a ton of folders within the sims 3 base game folder.

Is my download messed up? Or are there instructions I am somehow missing? What am I supposed to do with these? I am trying to follow the steps, but nothing looks the same as it does in the video.

Hello,

For simplicity, we have chosen not to add .ISO files in the "Complete Collection". Nothing is messed up; it's just packed a bit differently. 

If you extratced the contents of the .RAR, into a folder, go inside the subfolder "The Sims 3", and then double-click on the Sims3Setup.exe to start the installation. You also need to select the "Setup.exe", when installing the rest of the expansions.

After you installed the base game, go on with this guide here, starting at step #2:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Extra note: you can find the manual patch and the two Ultiamte fix files, inside the "Crack"-folder of the Complete Collection.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file Empty Re: There is no "Disk 1" or "Start Disk" In the torrent file

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 17:26

Thank you! That makes things far easier, very glad I went with the complete collection now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Aug 2015, 12:58

Hi again,

Everything working fine now, Seph?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top