Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honest opinion please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honest opinion please. Empty Honest opinion please.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Feb 2014, 21:09

Hi all!

So, I can play TS3, more or less like I used to, and I'm more or less ok with that. But my husband says that I have been having pc trouble for long enough now and I should look for something else. Can't build it, since that would be way too expensive, but I found this one:
http://www.saturn.nl/mcs/product/ASUS-CM1435-NL001S,95952,482705,952221.html?langId=-11#catalogEntryFinancingSCBNL
which is more or less within my budget since I still have a significant amount in giftcards for that store. And I was looking at this particular desktop and thought that, with a minor upgrade (yes! RAM) it would be a very nice change from my current system. 
Which is a 2Ghz single core AMD Athlon 2400+ with 3GB RAM and an NVidia 7600GS 512mb which, I might add, is not functioning so great anymore and will need replacement soon (try finding a PCI graphics card!)
But ok it has been a while since I was into hardware at all, considering my old pc was custom built in a time when its components were awesome lol.
So, opinions?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Honest opinion please. Empty Re: Honest opinion please.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Feb 2014, 21:46

Lady ElDi wrote:Hi all!

So, I can play TS3, more or less like I used to, and I'm more or less ok with that. But my husband says that I have been having pc trouble for long enough now and I should look for something else. Can't build it, since that would be way too expensive, but I found this one:
http://www.saturn.nl/mcs/product/ASUS-CM1435-NL001S,95952,482705,952221.html?langId=-11#catalogEntryFinancingSCBNL
which is more or less within my budget since I still have a significant amount in giftcards for that store. And I was looking at this particular desktop and thought that, with a minor upgrade (yes! RAM) it would be a very nice change from my current system. 
Which is a 2Ghz single core AMD Athlon 2400+ with 3GB RAM and an NVidia 7600GS 512mb which, I might add, is not functioning so great anymore and will need replacement soon (try finding a PCI graphics card!)
But ok it has been a while since I was into hardware at all, considering my old pc was custom built in a time when its components were awesome lol.
So, opinions?

Hello,

That CPU is better than mine (I still have an older Intel i3 dual core CPU @ 2.93 GHz). The 4 GB RAM are enough for The Sims 3 (provided that you use a 64-bit Windows Laughing), but of course, you might want to upgrade that later on, and these RAM "chips" aren't that expensive. The cheaper ones usually suffice.

I'm not sure about the GPU; that model seems underpowered; but it should be enough though. Very Happy  Maybe someone else knows more about specifics on that, but you might want to upgrade that too, later on. My older NVIDIA GeForce GT330 is still able to run most games that came out until ~end of 2013.

With my setup I can run The Sims 3 with all EPs + SPs fluently and on high settings.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Feb 2014, 21:56

Oh that sounds good then Very Happy
This desktop comes with win8, so I'll assume its 64-bit. I'm also unsure about the GPU myself, though what I could find, it's not half-bad.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 21 Feb 2014, 23:13

Hi there,

So, why not build a budget PC yourself? Getting the parts from internet is fairly easy, cheap and fast (in The Netherlands). Just be sure to keep all the invoices.
I'll see if I can create a custom configuration for you, for that price. (Based on local prices/availability)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:04

I would Admin, but I need those giftcards, and that store doesn't offer a whole lot of options when it comes to hardware. 
See, I can do this now because I have well over half the amount this pc costs in giftcards, but those are only for that store Laughing
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:36

Oh, you're right. I was looking for a good combination, to find out they don't even sell motherboards, lol. Razz
Ah well...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:41

They don't... I didn't see any cases either lol.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:44

Lady ElDi wrote:They don't... I didn't see any cases either lol.
If you want to do it the Dutch way, you can calculate how much discount you can get at Saturn, then buy some of the components (HDD, GPU and RAM - not the only CD/DVD/BluRay writer they sell; you're not going to need BluRay and it's too expensive Razz) there and get the other components via other webshops. You might be able to get a nice configuration that way, which doesn't necessarily need to be expensive.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 23 Feb 2014, 01:40

And if you can't put something together how Admin suggested (awesome idea, btw) that's not too bad of a computer. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top