Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 laucher stops working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 laucher stops working Empty The sims 3 laucher stops working

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 18:15

Hi I followed instructions on every install, also i used the sims 3 fix but lauched stops working every time..I was checking forum but nothing helps..Any sugestions? Thank you.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 laucher stops working Empty Re: The sims 3 laucher stops working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Feb 2014, 19:40

fufen wrote:Hi I followed instructions on every install, also i used the sims 3 fix but lauched stops working every time..I was checking forum but nothing helps..Any sugestions? Thank you.

//MOVED

Hello,

Unfortunately the launcher is heavily glitched; personally, I recommend starting the game with the TS3W.exe from the base game location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Make a shortcut to the desktop from that file - and use this shortcut, instead of the launcher to start the game.

When you do have to start the launcher (the ONLY time you will need to do that is when you install a new neighborhood), then just open the launcher and go to the "Downloads" tab. Mark the new content (neighborhoods) and click on "Install". Wait for the install to finish and CLOSE the launcher then.

If your launcher crashes before you get to do install the new neighborhood, then I'm unsure...

Keep us posted though !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 19:47

Even when I start the game with TSW.exe game crashes. Its not just the laucher..

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 18:16

fufen wrote:Even when I start the game with TSW.exe game crashes. Its not just the laucher..

Hello,

Are you sure you have followed this correctly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?

If not (even if you have), repeat/do steps 2-4 of the above guide. Good luck and let us know the result!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2014, 18:18

Nope..i did everything but still laucher stops working and game goes down..I try to reinstall

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Mar 2014, 18:41

fufen wrote:Even when I start the game with TSW.exe game crashes. Its not just the laucher..

Well, then.

Now, have a look at this here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has less than 4 GB of RAM. After that, go on with the rest of the steps.

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. And even lowering some in-game graphics settings, in the options menu of The Sims 3; depending on your computer's performance.

Keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top