Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fraps, videos, & stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fraps, videos, & stuff. Empty Fraps, videos, & stuff.

Post by Guest Wed 12 Mar 2014, 13:55

hiiiii,

i've been wanting to start making my own Let's Plays and I've already myself a copy of Fraps and dear the file size of the video is hella massive. So I was wondering if anyone here is experienced in uploading Let's Play videos or any type of videos at all onto Youtube and preferably long ones, if you guys could give me detailed tips on video compression and conversion (without losing much of the original quality).

i've got this 16 minute video of me creating a sim and it's taking hella long to upload. I mean it's been almost an hour and it's only got up to 26%. Sad

i have tried googling it i swear (my history is currently all about video compression and youtube and how to's) but i just can't get a specific enough answer to actually help me.

i have tried handbrake, virtual dub and a lot more that i can't remember and windows live movie maker is what i prefer out of all of them.

hopefully someone can help me out. (and please move this topic to the right one just in case i'm in the wrong section!!)

thank youuuu Smile

Mod edit: Topic moved to "Software". Smile

- Carlos

Help

Back to top Go down

Fraps, videos, & stuff. Empty Re: Fraps, videos, & stuff.

Post by Admin Wed 12 Mar 2014, 19:20

Hello there,

I don't do in-game filming, so I can't really help you.
But I once used FRAPS too record a little bit of gameplay. Doesn't FRAPS have a built-in "select quality" option? (Lowering the resolution also helps, but I'm not sure if that is what you want)

I can't really remember what I did, but I think I used a program with "dub" in it's name - can't recall what program it was - to shrink down the filesize.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 16:05

How about camtasia?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:52

Nio wrote:How about camtasia?
Hi there,

That's definitely an option, but it's not really optimized for in-game recording, so it might not work correctly.
I once tried to record a little bit of The Sims 1 gameplay, for one of the instruction videos, but it didn't work out very well. The game screen was shrunk down somehow.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top