Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED] Empty How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:42

How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc...

Pretty self-explanatory

Please do not spare any details.

THANK YOU!!!

P.S. Ask any additional questions your need in order to give an answer

Thanks

ABlueChimp

Last edited by ABlueChimpanzee on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 13:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:45

Hello,

Easy enough, you extract them with winrar and run the setup. Each file has an installation guide with one or more serial keys.
Everything else you need to know is here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install expansions (Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets and Town Life Stuff) which have all downloaded from G4TW, to the Sims 3 Base Game which I have on disc... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:54

Thanks

Do I just ignore the step about installing the base game and do I still install the Crack for the Base Game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 10 Jul 2012, 23:34

Hello,

There's only one crack you need to apply, and that's the one described in one of the last steps, using the "# Crack" folder that is included with the Ultimate Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 00:45

Thank you both

Also, after applying the Ultimate Fix, will the Sims 3 base game disc (which I bought new fom a shop) become redundant?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 13 Jul 2012, 04:23

You always need the most recently created game's disk out of the ones you have installed. So any expansions you installed, even if you had bought them, would make that disk basically worthless.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 08:12

Hello,

And you no longer need it in the drive to start the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 13:43

Thank you everyone for the feedback

All of the expansion packs/stuff packs will be installed by tomoroow so I will update you all with that.

Once again thank you

ABlueChimpanzee

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 13:57

Hello,

Good luck! And let us know if you need help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 17:05

Ok

So I installed all of the EP's and the SP's that I downloaded from G4TW and applied all of the cracks (using the detailed guise that came with it) and now the result is:

IT FAILED!!! Sad

I attempted to start it and it said 'No game disc found! Please Insert The Sims 3 Pets before proceeding.'

WHY?!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 19:45

Hello,

I think you overlooked the files in the #crack folder in the fix. They should be copied to the base game\bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 21:06

ok
so how do I correct it?
do I just go to the # Crack folder and copy them to the base game/Bin folder or do I have to uninstall everything else and start over?

//EDIT

ok so i checked what I had done previously and it all seems ok but I still went along and put the files in the corresponding folders...

No success

The same thing happens

I have now uninstalled everything and am going to video it and post it on youtube so that you all can see

If there are any objections then please post them below

thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:50

What do you mean video it? The reinstallation and placement of the crack?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:07

Hello,

You definitely didn't have to uninstall, all you had to do was place the crack in the correct folder, and if it didn't work, all you had to do was post us a detailed screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:20

woops

my mistake

neverless I am now editing the video to make it legible fo youtube uploading and then I will post the link on here with the hipe that it will show what I am doing wrong... Smile

//EDIT

Sorry InvalidUsername, I overlooked your coment

yes that is what I am videoing

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 13:18

Hello,

Ok, I'll have a look once your video is finished.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 13:25

thank you

//EDIT

My computer has crashed during the recording so the file didnt savbe

therefore the video may not be uploaded until tomorrow or even Monday...

Just to let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:07

Hello,

Ok, I'm on daily.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 04:50

You shouldn't be starting from the Sims 3 shortcut.
1. Make sure you've applies the Pets crack
2. Go to:C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Pets\Game\Bin
3. Start TS3EP05.exe
4. If that works create a shortcut and call it Pets if you like.

Option 2.

Use Daemon Tools and mount the Pets Mini Image. (make sure you look at all the installation stuff Daemon Tools tries to add a toolbar)
gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_the_sims_3_pets.shtml

[I use mini-images myself. Nothing to crack and all files stay the same, no possible future update issues]
Sorry to butt in, but I thought I could be of some help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Jul 2012, 08:33

Hello,

No problem.
There is however no Pets crack, ever since Generations, the TS3W.exe in the base game bin has to be cracked. Patching after cracking is no problem with our fix or the manual patch.

@TO I'm not sure what you did wrong. As far as I can see, nothing went wrong. The only problem I can think of is that I can see a notification pop up for a split second that says you don't have the rights to copy the TSLHost.dll and it's all going so fast that I can't see if you managed to replace the old file with the crack. The same thing happened when you started with the fix.
If you look at that TSLHost in the base game\bin, which date does it have?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:02

Hello,

Ah ok, that is your problem. The TSLHost.dll wasn't overwritten because of this permissions error.
Was the launcher active when you copied the crack? I couldn't tell from the video. Are you the administrator on your pc, and were you logged on as such?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:07

the launcher was not open but i am also not an administrator

I could make myself one if you want

basically I made a seperateaccount purely for sims 3 so I am an admin on another account with privelages to make others admins.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top