Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this happen to anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does this happen to anyone?  Empty Does this happen to anyone?

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:38

2014-03-16
3:14 PM
I'm using a laptop (bad, I know but I really love TS3 and have no other choice atm!) and sometimes (well, almost all the time) this sort of stuff happens and I'm wondering if it happens to other people?
Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-196
Hint: Pond

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-191
Hint: Person

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-214Hint: Everyone on bench (except, my character)

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-230

Hint:Trees, look that the leaves... and grass.

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-241Hint: Person

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-229Hint: Pool, trees, windows & walls.

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-208Hint: Dog fur (is it supposed to be like this? I'm not sure..)

Does this happen to anyone?  Screenshot-201

Even with all of that, I'm still able to have mirrored floors? I mean, there has to to be something to get rid of that pixelation if I can have an image like this... My graphics must be somewhat good enough...

Back to top Go down

Does this happen to anyone?  Empty Re: Does this happen to anyone?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:52

Hey there,

These reflecting floors don't really say much, in the sense of your graphics performance. Smile It might as well be that these mirroring floors "work", but the power for the other stuff "decreases". 

I have that stuff too, with my sims (haven't payed too much attention to the pond yet). But it usually stays like that only for a few seconds. What are your graphics settings ? And what's with the performance of your graphics card ?

Try lowering visual effects, texture detail, sim detail and resolution, in the in-game options menu; and maybe the resolution too. And do you really need these reflecting floors ? If your computer/graphics card isn't so powerful, you might try lowering the settings, and remove that mod for the reflecting floors.

That's it for now - if I remember anything else, I'll let you know ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:57

Carlos wrote:Hey there,

These reflecting floors don't really say much, in the sense of your graphics performance. Smile It might as well be that these mirroring floors "work", but the power for the other stuff "decreases". 

I have that stuff too, with my sims (haven't payed too much attention to the pond yet). But it usually stays like that only for a few seconds. What are your graphics settings ? And what's with the performance of your graphics card ?

Try lowering visual effects, texture detail, sim detail and resolution, in the in-game options menu; and maybe the resolution too. And do you really need these reflecting floors ? If your computer/graphics card isn't so powerful, you might try lowering the settings, and remove that mod for the reflecting floors.

That's it for now - if I remember anything else, I'll let you know ! Smile  
Thanks for replying! It does usually stay like that when it's loading, usually a few seconds. And all of my effects are on low. The floors come in tiles, meaning that you buy them piece by piece in the "buy now" store. And that was my one and only time using them.

I forgot to add, I don't have a graphics card, my graphics are integrated (on the motherboard).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Mar 2014, 22:09

sims3hope wrote:Thanks for replying! It does usually stay like that when it's loading, usually a few seconds. And all of my effects are on low. The floors come in tiles, meaning that you buy them piece by piece in the "buy now" store. And that was my one and only time using them.

I forgot to add, I don't have a graphics card, my graphics are integrated (on the motherboard).

I'm not sure if there is too much left you could try then, if all your settings are on low already. Wat.  

You could go to your base game location, and right-click on the TS3W.exe (or you could do that on the TS3W.exe-shortcut too, if you have made such a shortcut). Select "Properties". Then, under the "compatibility" tab, MARK the boxes Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition. Click on "Apply", then "OK". 

It should help at least a little bit with the graphics, but see if it works for you, next time you re-install The Sims 3. That's it again ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top