Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED] Empty Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 16:59

Hello,
I think it might be connected with 1.67 patch, but I can be wrong.

Anyway, I was installing the base game and few expansion packs yesterday and everything was ok until I wanted to install the Paradise Island expansion. There was an error which said that it needs to patch the game so I clicked OK, but it just shut down.
After that I downloaded the 1.67 manual patch and installed it, then tried to install the Paradise Island and it installed correctly. Before installing the 1.67 patch and Paradise Island it used to work perfectly, but after that I launched the game and this is the error I've got:

Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED] 17tn49

So I click "Continue" and the game launches, but then there are no words in labels in game menu. I've already tried this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix but it still doesn't work.

I am really tired of this error because it appears every time I reinstall the game and install the 1.67 patch and Paradise Island.
I know it would work if I didn't install this EP and patch, but I want to play it.
Additionally, I haven't installed any CC yet since this error appeared, I just don't install it until I'm 100% sure the game works perectly, but I used to install a lot of it earlier.

I'm begging for help, I'm just helpless right now, it is like that for a month or more.

Last edited by einahance on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 19:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: I have just reinstalled my C drive, then installed sims again and it works perfectly.)

Back to top Go down

Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Mar 2014, 15:59

einahance wrote:Hello,
I think it might be connected with 1.67 patch, but I can be wrong.

Anyway, I was installing the base game and few expansion packs yesterday and everything was ok until I wanted to install the Paradise Island expansion. There was an error which said that it needs to patch the game so I clicked OK, but it just shut down.
After that I downloaded the 1.67 manual patch and installed it, then tried to install the Paradise Island and it installed correctly. Before installing the 1.67 patch and Paradise Island it used to work perfectly, but after that I launched the game and this is the error I've got:

Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED] 17tn49

So I click "Continue" and the game launches, but then there are no words in labels in game menu. I've already tried this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix but it still doesn't work.

I am really tired of this error because it appears every time I reinstall the game and install the 1.67 patch and Paradise Island.
I know it would work if I didn't install this EP and patch, but I want to play it.
Additionally, I haven't installed any CC yet since this error appeared, I just don't install it until I'm 100% sure the game works perectly, but I used to install a lot of it earlier.

I'm begging for help, I'm just helpless right now, it is like that for a month or more.

//MOVED

Hello,

Do you have any mods installed ? If so, please remove them all. And then re-download and re-install UPDATED versions of all your mods. When you're done, delete the scriptCache.package in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. 

Next, please make sure you applied the latest manual patch and Ultimate fix correctly. So have another look at this here and re-do these steps from #2 to #4: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Very often this error means that you didn't apply the Ultimate fix correctly. So make sure to do this exactly as described, in that guide.

Good luck ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unofficial game modification? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Mar 2014, 20:37

Hello Carlos,
I removed all my mods long time ago, because I also thought this is the cause of my problem, but it didn't help. 
I was also following those steps from the guide carefully every time I was reinstalling the game...same about applying the Ultimate Fix.
Now I'm going to reinstall my system, because it is really slow since month or even more but I was too lazy to do it Razz
Then I will try to install sims again, I will post my results for sure.

I have just reinstalled my C drive, then installed sims again and it works perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top