Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unofficial game modification" trouble- please help![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unofficial game modification" trouble- please help![SOLVED] Empty "Unofficial game modification" trouble- please help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 19:11

Hi,

This seemed like the place to come to when in need of some help with cracks and fixes, so I'll get straight to it; I downloaded and followed all the steps involving the ultimate fix (so far I have Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, and Pets) but after installing Generations I begun to receive the "Unofficial game modification" message when trying to play the game. Upon clicking "continue", the game played fine, except when I went into build mode, I couldn't make any changes: I tried to place floor tiles and couldn't. I saved the game and quit.

I read on here that the best way to get rid of that message/error was to use the manual patch/fix, so I downloaded that from the manual patch thread. As per the instruction PDF in the ultimate fix file, I tried to open up the manual patch after completing the other steps for each of my expansion packs, but instead I received an error that says:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (7600)
IE Version: 9.0.8112.16421

I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong, somehow- is there some other way I am supposed to open the manual patch file? I presumed since it is an .exe file that double clicking on it would work, but I just get this error instead.

FYI: I'm running Windows 7, Chrome, and using MagicISO to mount the games, and I haven't downloaded/installed any custom content and/or mods yet. I also haven't downloaded Origins, since I read on here that it wasn't necessary- but when I try and click "refresh" in the launcher's "game update" tab, I receive a pop-up informing me that I don't have Origins installed. It does, however, tell me that my game is all up to date, so I'm not sure if that's just what it tells you as a default when it can't refresh and ergo update.

I've been at this for the last seven or eight hours (I know, I should really give up soon Embarassed ) so I'd really appreciate any guidance or advice anyone could offer me.

Thank you so much!
- Anshika

EDIT: I read somebody else's thread about a similar issue and re-downloaded the manual patch file, as the original one I downloaded seemed to have been corrupt or somehow broken. After having done so, and installing the manual patch, I started up the game and there was no "unofficial game modification" error any longer, and the patch had updated my game from version .26 to version .36. Thank you for the patch- it worked a treat, once it got there! flower

Back to top Go down

"Unofficial game modification" trouble- please help![SOLVED] Empty Re: "Unofficial game modification" trouble- please help![SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 09:41

Hello,

That’s good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)