Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED] Empty Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014, 20:53

This is probably wrong. And i am really sorry if it is. But i want to know where to find the patch for the in-game store items. And by "patch" i mean where i can get the stuff in the store items.

i am sorry if this is the wrong place to post. i checked all the forums.

Back to top Go down

Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:19

Hello,

Do you mean Store Updates? You can find it here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/thesims3.html
Download what you want there.

You can also get other stuffs in installing Expansions/Stuff Packs.

Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Where to find the patch(?) for the in-game store items. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Mar 2014, 16:47

cezra31 wrote:Hello,

Do you mean Store Updates? You can find it here:
Download what you want there.

You can also get other stuffs in installing Expansions/Stuff Packs.

Good Luck!
I know about the expansion and stuff packs i am talking about the stuff u have to buy with the gold coins things. I just checked and they're called "Simpoints" where u have to buy them in order to get some items from the shop. It's probably the store updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Mar 2014, 05:39

Yes it is Store Updates. Smile

Sorry I misunderstand you.  Embarassed 

Please let us know the result. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Mar 2014, 18:08

cezra31 wrote:Yes it is Store Updates. Smile

Sorry I misunderstand you.  Embarassed 

Please let us know the result. Smile

It's alright. 

But do i have to download EVERY update? or just the latest one? also if i try to download the update from december 2013 and i try to click on "Click here to download!" i cant click.. help?

//EDIT

and also how do i download the files of the store items?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Mar 2014, 06:37

JackMike wrote:
It's alright. 

But do i have to download EVERY update? or just the latest one? also if i try to download the update from december 2013 and i try to click on "Click here to download!" i cant click.. help?

//EDIT

and also how do i download the files of the store items?

Hello,

"Store items" (or store updates) are files, released from EA, in the .sims3pack format (there are also .sims3pack files from "hobby simmers", but these are not "official" store items). Take your time to actually search through the site cezra linked to above. There, you'll see that store updates are released in "months", and each month contains one or more .sims3pack files. At the site cezra linked to you'll also find pictures and descriptions of the items in each month (but not all items have been uploaded at the site yet).

Basically, you can download what you want, and if you want ALL store updates, then you'll have to go to EACH month, and download the files one-by-one. I think there are also "monthly" download at the site, which have all store items from a month packed in a .RAR file. 

These "store updates" are not some kind of patch (because you asked if you only have to download the "latest store update"); these store items are optional DLC items basically, again, which are released each month. And you can choose whatever month(s) you want. You can even go for single items in different months, whatever you wish.

Next, after you download a store item, put the .sims3pack file(s) into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then open up the launcher. In the "Downloads"-tab you'll find all files that you put into the location I just mentioned. Mark all the items that you want installed and click on the "install"-button, at the bottom. Keep in mind though that you cannot install "too many" .sims3packs at once, so if you want to use the launcher you can only install the .sims3packs in small batches. Roughly, you can only install about 300 MB "worth" of .sims3packs in one turn.

Which is the reason why many people prefer using other methods for installing these files. For example, look at this here: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

Hope this cleared up a few things. Good luck !

P.S. Please, there is an "edit"-button on your post, and if you click on it, you can add stuff to it. Use this option instead of posting twice in a row, as long as you haven't received a reply. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 03:07

Thanks! it worked!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top