Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop Empty Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 19:23

Hi! :)Few days ago i tried to play Sims3 with some expansions and well... loading screens take a while (quite a while) to load, it lags a lot in game, weather im in CAS, game mode, build mode, buy mode, it always lags a little bit, even if im on small lot, only started playing (literally). As i entered my new house on beach, i decided to renovate it little bit and as i would go further with painting walls and changing tiles, it would lag more and more, for it to crash to desktop after 10-30 minutes of playing.
I only installed Base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons and Island Paradise. I did everything exactly as you instructed in the installation guide here on forums and it all went smooth and nice, i only had lil bit of problem with launcher but you guys also had solution for that here somewhere on forum so thats also fixed. But now theres this lag and crashing.
I have AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz, 3 GB ram, 32bit OS, Windows 7, Graphic: AMD 5570 2GB

I also wanna let you know that about year and half ago, i installed base game + all the expansions + Stuff Packs up to the Supernatural / Diesel stuff and game worked pretty decent, even on biggest lots it had only minimum lags. I also used CC stuff and i used to design largest lots/houses in whole city, which usually makes game lag, but now only with 6 expansions it lags soooooooo much more than it did before with 7 expansions + 7 stuff packs + a lots of CC stuff. I have no idea what to do about this, hopefully someone can help me, i'd appreciate it a lot!
I know my hardware isnt the best but i know that it can run the game decently, so i dont know what can be the problem.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop Empty Re: Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Mar 2014, 19:37

Natasa3690 wrote:Hi! :)Few days ago i tried to play Sims3 with some expansions and well... loading screens take a while (quite a while) to load, it lags a lot in game, weather im in CAS, game mode, build mode, buy mode, it always lags a little bit, even if im on small lot, only started playing (literally). As i entered my new house on beach, i decided to renovate it little bit and as i would go further with painting walls and changing tiles, it would lag more and more, for it to crash to desktop after 10-30 minutes of playing.
I only installed Base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons and Island Paradise. I did everything exactly as you instructed in the installation guide here on forums and it all went smooth and nice, i only had lil bit of problem with launcher but you guys also had solution for that here somewhere on forum so thats also fixed. But now theres this lag and crashing.
I have AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz, 3 GB ram, 32bit OS, Windows 7, Graphic: AMD 5570 2GB

I also wanna let you know that about year and half ago, i installed base game + all the expansions + Stuff Packs up to the Supernatural / Diesel stuff and game worked pretty decent, even on biggest lots it had only minimum lags. I also used CC stuff and i used to design largest lots/houses in whole city, which usually makes game lag, but now only with 6 expansions it lags soooooooo much more than it did before with 7 expansions + 7 stuff packs + a lots of CC stuff. I have no idea what to do about this, hopefully someone can help me, i'd appreciate it a lot!
I know my hardware isnt the best but i know that it can run the game decently, so i dont know what can be the problem.

Hello,

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please skip step #3, as this won't help in your case. A 32-bit operating system (Windows in your case) and fewer than 4 GB of RAM is not really good, for most contemporary games.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. And lower some graphics settings like resolution, edge smoothing, lot detail and mark the box "enable object hiding too".

For the lags, see this topic here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Next, try the "save files cleaner", here in Lady ElDi's opening post:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

The application of this tool should be self-explanatory, but make a BACKUP of your savefolder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves) before applying that tool.

After doing all that, re-start the game and see if anything improved. Take your time to read through the stuff I posted. Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop Empty Re: Sims 3 laggy in game and crashes randomly to desktop

Post by Guest Wed 26 Mar 2014, 13:09

Hello,

I tried this 

1. As i said i don't have any mods or CC.[size=13.333333969116211][/size]
    Ran it in Admin mode and it did no change.
    I also removed the specified folder(s) and it also did nothing, no change at all in game. 

2. I did the DEP thing... it fixed crashing but lag got even worse. 
3. .... 
4. This didnt proved useful .
5. ... 
6. I lowered graphic options in game on medium and it's still the same (actually it's even worse after that 1&2 step ) Besides I already mentioned that game worked decently (if not great) with Base game + all expansions + all stuff packs + CC and mods from various sites when i played it about year and half ago, on same hardware and software.

I know that 32bit + less than 4GB ram isnt good but i can still play almost all new games (2014) on medium/high graphic settings. I always play Sims3 on highest graphics and it never had any problems up till now ( the only change now is that i have Seasons and Island Paradise installed, but other older expansions are left out)

I did this too and also... nothing changed. 

I also checked lag topic you suggested, checked all of it and i gotta say this again; i dont have any CC or mods, there are barely any sims cause i only started to play game, i never even had a chance to save my game ( i played it for like 30 minutes or even less), frame rate is already on lowest possible, theres no other processess, i turned off everything i could before entering the game.  
Game is completely clean, no saved/made sims, no made/saved houses, no CC, no mods, nothing. 

I tried all you suggested in here, nothing worked, it even made lag even worse, it takes ''ages'' to switch from Hair Styles to Clothes in CAS mode, it still loads town (Isla town from Island Paradise) for 5 minutes, and from the moment it loads, it doesnt stop lagging even when moving my view or clicking on ANYTHING in game (build mode, taking my sim to walk 1 meter away or any interaction at all) 

Any other suggestions? :/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:19

Natasa3690 wrote:Hello,

I tried this 

1. As i said i don't have any mods or CC.
    Ran it in Admin mode and it did no change.
    I also removed the specified folder(s) and it also did nothing, no change at all in game. 

2. I did the DEP thing... it fixed crashing but lag got even worse. 
3. .... 
4. This didnt proved useful .
5. ... 
6. I lowered graphic options in game on medium and it's still the same (actually it's even worse after that 1&2 step ) Besides I already mentioned that game worked decently (if not great) with Base game + all expansions + all stuff packs + CC and mods from various sites when i played it about year and half ago, on same hardware and software.

I know that 32bit + less than 4GB ram isnt good but i can still play almost all new games (2014) on medium/high graphic settings. I always play Sims3 on highest graphics and it never had any problems up till now ( the only change now is that i have Seasons and Island Paradise installed, but other older expansions are left out)

I did this too and also... nothing changed. 

I also checked lag topic you suggested, checked all of it and i gotta say this again; i dont have any CC or mods, there are barely any sims cause i only started to play game, i never even had a chance to save my game ( i played it for like 30 minutes or even less), frame rate is already on lowest possible, theres no other processess, i turned off everything i could before entering the game.  
Game is completely clean, no saved/made sims, no made/saved houses, no CC, no mods, nothing. 

I tried all you suggested in here, nothing worked, it even made lag even worse, it takes ''ages'' to switch from Hair Styles to Clothes in CAS mode, it still loads town (Isla town from Island Paradise) for 5 minutes, and from the moment it loads, it doesnt stop lagging even when moving my view or clicking on ANYTHING in game (build mode, taking my sim to walk 1 meter away or any interaction at all) 

Any other suggestions? :/

You say you're able to play "almost all new games until 2014 on medium/high settings" but you're having that difficulties with The Sims 3 ?

Try freeing up some space on your hard-drive and defragmenting your hard-drive too. Next, look on Piratebay for a tool called "GameBooster" - install and apply that tool. It should be easy to use (that tool can help free up resources on your system for smoother gameplay).

Then, completely de-activate your anti-virus/anti-malware software.

And now re-start the game.

P.S. one more thing: did you download your games from Games4TheWorld ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014, 12:16

Yes, i know it's weird, that's why i'm asking for help. As i already mentioned, i played Sims 3 fine a year ago or so. But for some reason it's extremly laggy this time.

I have extra 600GB of free space on my hard drive :)i dont think thats the problem.
I'll DL and install that program and let you know how it goes.

And yes, of course, i wouldn't post my problems here otherwise.. xD
I always download from games4theworld

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:52

Natasa3690 wrote:Yes, i know it's weird, that's why i'm asking for help. As i already mentioned, i played Sims 3 fine a year ago or so. But for some reason it's extremly laggy this time.

I have extra 600GB of free space on my hard drive :)i dont think thats the problem.
I'll DL and install that program and let you know how it goes.

And yes, of course, i wouldn't post my problems here otherwise.. xD
I always download from games4theworld

We often get questions from games released by other uploaders than G4TW. Wink  Also, do check out my suggestions in the following topic, about a "proper disk cleanup": 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15492-computer-takes-like-3-minutes-to-start-up#109690

I'm not sure if you want to do that anytime soon, but somer people recommend formatting the computer at least "occasionally", because otherwise different kinds of issues may come up.

Yes, please report back ! Very Happy  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:26

I download Sims and everything concerning Sims from you guys, Games4theworld. Proper disk cleanup? Recently (before i posted here, about this problem), i've cleaned my hardware and software, installed new windows, the only hard disk (1TB disk, that i mentioned in earlier posts) that i didn't touch is cause i clean it every month-few months Smile Since my PC is sorta old, i like to keep it nice, clean and arranged. The reason why I installed The Sims and expected it to work is cause of that through out cleaning. But for some reason it didn't worked (NOTICING AGAIN: even if i played sims with about 10-15 expansions+stuff packs , year-2 ago, also your download). So far i haven't found the real reason behind that insane lag, BUT i could guess. As i said my hardware is kinda old, still working and doing fine with 2014 games and programs but fans and coolers on gpu and cpu are way too old and overheating,so for graphic card i've bought new cooler and installed it, and for processor... i bought new cooler+fan and i got lil bit better processor too Smile I installed Sims again and now its working okay. So i guess it was the overheating problem?! I'm not sure. Game isn't running perfect but it's playable. I've installed same expansions as i did last time. Oh and i'm gonna get new RAM very soon too so i guess that's also + Smile
So i was wondering now, after i've installed Base game + Adventures + Ambitions + Late Night + Pets + Seasons + Island Paradise and its working fine, can i install one or two more expansions afterwards? Do i just install specific expansions and then apply Ult.Fix just for those specific expansions or do i apply Ult.Fix for all the expansions and base game again?

//EDIT

Ok I was impatient so i installed Supernatural expansion + 20ish store items from your old upload... and guess what, lags got back! Game isn't crashing but it gets stuck (freezes) every few seconds, no matter if I'm playing on big lot or small lot, tucked furnishing or barely furnished at all, it gets stuck, every few seconds, on second or few. 

I'll post my hardware again: 
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz
3 GB RAM (in 2 weeks it will be 4 RAM)
AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series (5570 HD 2GB)

I've played this game with all the expansions and stuff packs up to Supernaturals+Diesel Stuff (including those 2) just fine, on medium-high settings and now it freezes every few seconds. No matter if i put settings on highest or lowest, its exactly the same, except ugly/nice graphics and details. 
First time i downloaded from you guys in 2009, i still have store updates from that year and from then on, I've been downloading only from you, I have followed all the instructions so many times cause i have installed The Sims quite a few times since then and it always worked just fine. Since  I came with this specific problem, i reinstalled game and cleaned PC in any way i could (everything you suggested so far) 3 times.

Could it be just problem with Supernaturals? I don't know what to think anymore ._.

EDIT: And also, i deleted all the store stuff but it's still the same.

//EDIT

Please skip step #3, as this won't help in your case. A 32-bit operating system (Windows in your case) and fewer than 4 GB of RAM is not really good, for most contemporary games.

True, in most cases, i guess. But in my case it has been serving me quite well (until this problem with Sims) I'm running COD:Ghost on mid settings, Far Cry 3 on mid/high, Mass Effect 3 on mid/high. And i can't run Sims with few expansions that i ran few years ago? I'm clueless.

In about 2 weeks I'm getting more RAM so i will put 64 bit windows. I'll also format disk (again) as other admin suggested here, then i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for everything so far Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Jul 2014, 18:32

Well, if you say you can run "COD: Ghosts on mid-settings" with THAT computer then I have to believe you I guess, although that sounds a bit unrealistic (people with much stronger systems have huge difficulties with that). 

Yes, a 64-bit operating system is the way to go, nowadays for gaming. And yes, do keep us posted ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jul 2014, 22:22

Carlos wrote:Well, if you say you can run "COD: Ghosts on mid-settings" with THAT computer then I have to believe you I guess, although that sounds a bit unrealistic (people with much stronger systems have huge difficulties with that). 

Yes, a 64-bit operating system is the way to go, nowadays for gaming. And yes, do keep us posted ! Smile  
Yeah i know, but bf plays such games Smile We've checked req. for game and it seemed impossible but we decided to give it a try and it worked on mid settings.

I will. Cheers

EDIT:
By the way, I also monitored memory and CPU usage while having The Sims with all the expansions running, and CPU was pretty stable, and RAM was on 2.3 / 3 GB. I thought that maybe game was drying out my RAM to fullest but it's not

Last edited by Natasa3690 on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 22:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top