Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes. Empty Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes.

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 02:52

So I make my sims and everything is fine but then when I go into town and edit a empty lot to build my own house about 5-10 minutes into building the game freezes and crashes. Sometimes the game crashes when loading a town too. So for this has only happened in build mode and when loading a town, not sure about buy mode or live mode. I am running the base game and all the expansions/stuff packs, also I am not sure if this would cause the problem as it never did before but; I am trying to record the game with Dxtory and it is recording fine with 30 filewrite fps and 60+ playing its just it all the sudden just crashes.

Anyone have a fix for this?

EDIT: This lacked info in my opinion so here is some more:
The crash just goes straight to my desktop, no errors or anything.
I am running in windowed 1600x900 w/ all settings maxed.
I surpass the maximum requirements according to canyourunit.com.
I tried all fixes I could find around these forums, I am willing to try them again though if I accidentally messed one or more of them up.
I do doubt the recording is causing this but the codec I am using for recording is Ut Video Codec YUV422 (ULY2) VCM x86.
My Sims 3 is up-to-date.
I got all of the expansions but high-end loft stuff, late night, seasons, pets, ambitions, world adventures, generations and of course the base from you guys.
I run the game from the launcher.
I do not have any custom content installed, however I do seem to have a ford shirt and a shirt with a prius on it. I do not know if that is custom content but I doubt it is since it is not in ym custom content in the launcher.
I have Windows 7.

EDIT 2: I have played and recorded a good half hour of the game just fine, but then when I stopped recording and went in to edit town thinking it was fixed, I went to an empty lot and as soon as it started to zoom in BOOM it froze for like 3 seconds and then crashed to desktop.

EDIT 3: I did the ultimate fix and made sure I did everything just right and it was playing great for an hour or so but then it crashed again the middle of making my house. Since it always happened in build/buy mode I decided "OK lets just take a pre-made house." so I did just that. Once I finally decided on what house I wanted and I clicked the check mark to go down to my house and start playing the game and then it froze and crashed again. So I think it crashes pretty much whenever you try to switch modes. And rarely when I am loading a town.

Please does anyone have any fixes for this? Sad

Back to top Go down

Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes. Empty Re: Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes.

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 19:04

I have a majority of the games (that are bought not downloaded) and my game does the exact same thing. It's a problem with the sims game itself there's a few options out there like sorting out the DEP, but I've tried the majority of them with no success. My game just closes with an error box. Sad

Back to top Go down

Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes. Empty Re: Game randomly freezes then crashes. Happening pretty much everytime I try to go into different modes.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:19

Hello,

Try these.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top