Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED] Empty Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Mar 2014, 02:06

OK, where do i begin. I stumbled upon this website yesterday and downloaded "Midnight Hollow" which i had no trouble with. Everything worked as it should.Then later I tried to download some EP's and Stuff packs, which made my game quit starting up. So i looked at the post about "installing sime3 correctly" After uninstalling everything and starting from scratch and following the install instructions..I added 4 new EP/Stuff packs to my bought games. They all work fine..
Here is my problem/ questions:
1. After i got all my games downloaded and working, i tried to download the towns again. They will download in the launcher...but they are not showing up in my game at all. the town and CC is not there...So where do i unzip/extract the town file once i download it from the site?
2. Do i still need the "Store Fix" if i have the "Ultimate Fix" downloaded.?
3. If i do need the "store fix" where do i place the files since im only downloading towns..?
4. Do i need to re-apply the update and Ultimate Fix like it says in the "correctly installing sims3" forum. 

I am so lost. because it worked perfectly untill i had to uninstall and reinstall everything. Does having the torrent games downloading cause a problem or am i missing something. Ive also tried taking the backupcache and installedworlds folders and clearing them out after putting a copy on my desktop......Im new to posting on a forum so i hope this is all correct.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Mar 2014, 06:54

msmist wrote:OK, where do i begin. I stumbled upon this website yesterday and downloaded "Midnight Hollow" which i had no trouble with. Everything worked as it should.Then later I tried to download some EP's and Stuff packs, which made my game quit starting up. So i looked at the post about "installing sime3 correctly" After uninstalling everything and starting from scratch and following the install instructions..I added 4 new EP/Stuff packs to my bought games. They all work fine..
Here is my problem/ questions:
1. After i got all my games downloaded and working, i tried to download the towns again. They will download in the launcher...but they are not showing up in my game at all. the town and CC is not there...So where do i unzip/extract the town file once i download it from the site?
2. Do i still need the "Store Fix" if i have the "Ultimate Fix" downloaded.?
3. If i do need the "store fix" where do i place the files since im only downloading towns..?
4. Do i need to re-apply the update and Ultimate Fix like it says in the "correctly installing sims3" forum. 

I am so lost. because it worked perfectly untill i had to uninstall and reinstall everything. Does having the torrent games downloading cause a problem or am i missing something. Ive also tried taking the backupcache and installedworlds folders and clearing them out after putting a copy on my desktop......Im new to posting on a forum so i hope this is all correct.. Smile

Hello,

After downloading towns, you'll get .sims3pack files. You have to put them into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. After that, open up the launcher, and install these worlds. It should be pretty self-explanatory.

However: if you install too many .sims3packs at once, the items won't show up, because the launcher can't handle so many items at once. In case of the worlds, I even suggest you install the worlds one-by-one, instead of installing all worlds in "one turn". So, what you do now, is this: in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete all of the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"#

After doing that, please re-install all your stuff with the launcher, but this time, do it in small batches - and again: as for the worlds, install them one-by-one.

The "store fixes" fix problems with some of the "premium store content" items, like the pizza oven, ice cream machine, deep fryer, etc. Please read up on this guide here first. After doing so, download the actual store fixes from here. Instructions are included. Even if you don't need the store fixes for all items, it's a good idea to have them installed, should you later on decide to add some of these "premium store items".

Yes, if you're in doubt, please re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Although this should only be necessary after installing new expansions/stuffpacks.

If you still cannot install the worlds/custom content, check out this topic here: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

And that should do ! Take your time to read through all of this, and report back if you need more assistance with something (though everything I posted should be clear anyway). Good luck ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please Help- Sims 3 Neighborhoods. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Apr 2014, 01:26

So i tried everything you said, idk why its not working....
Im going to try steps 2 and 4 now.
But nothing custom is showing up at all. 
HELP! Please and thank you

{Edit}
Ok, so i have literally done all the steps you told me. 
I do not have a "WorldCache" Folder.  but other then that i done it all.
I followed the "custom content not showing up" forum and the ones you linked to me.
I have uninstalled and re-installed like 5 times today and nothing. And this time
i only tried it with one world an nothing. I tried the Midnight Hollow world 
and its not showing at all. i dont have anything else custom in my game.

Im just so confused. i have never had a problem with custom items......?

Last edited by msmist on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 02:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Apr 2014, 05:53

msmist wrote:So i tried everything you said, idk why its not working....
Im going to try steps 2 and 4 now.
But nothing custom is showing up at all. 
HELP! Please and thank you

{Edit}
Ok, so i have literally done all the steps you told me. 
I do not have a "WorldCache" Folder.  but other then that i done it all.
I followed the "custom content not showing up" forum and the ones you linked to me.
I have uninstalled and re-installed like 5 times today and nothing. And this time
i only tried it with one world an nothing. I tried the Midnight Hollow world 
and its not showing at all. i dont have anything else custom in my game.

Im just so confused. i have never had a problem with custom items......?

Hello again,

Did you try installing other items too, besides Midnight Hollow ? I know it sounds tedious, but for ow, re-do the steps here again:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Now after you've done that, please install only ONE world (and nothing else) in the launcher. There are known problems if you install "too many items at once", but I'm not sure if that's the case with you.

See if it then shows up in the game.

The only other (far-fetched) alternative is that you un-install your Sims 3 base game (only), re-boot the computer, re-install it, and then re-do the steps from #2 to #4 in this guide here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After that, try installing worlds again, with the launcher. From a technical point of view, I'm afraid I've said everything. Good luck though ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 02:11

I used to have a lot of custom content in my game but i deleted it all because i felt it was unnecessary. My game was all "Plain" until i found this site. Like i said before, before i downloaded any of the EP's or Stuff's i downloaded Midnight Hollow. And it worked no problem. But once i had gone thru and seen the EP's, i tried downloading one of them and it made it where my game would not start. So i followed the "Install Sims Properly" forum and deleted & downloaded from scratch with the new EP's and Stuffs i wanted. BEFORE i tried adding any of the "towns" again..i started my game and it worked like a charm all the new things where there. Then i tried downloading the 4 towns i wanted. No luck, they wont show up. So i posted my HELP ME forum. i deleted all of the towns and there content and just picked one to try as my go to if i do get it to work. You kindly told me to delete my caches. Which i did. No luck again. Then i tried your second tip, trying #2 an #4 of the install guide = no luck. Then i tried your 3rd tip, where you follow the instructions from cc an worlds not showing. =NO luck. and i followed that one to a T. i even wrote everything down so i didnt have to flip back and forth thru screens. 
I am only downloading one and checking after the download is complete everytime and its not working.

I am going to follow your advice and try one more time to do what you told me. If all else fails i will re-install my base game. 
If there is anything else you could possibly say to help me...please do. But i am trying any and all options. Please and thank you. confused 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Apr 2014, 07:45

msmist wrote:I used to have a lot of custom content in my game but i deleted it all because i felt it was unnecessary. My game was all "Plain" until i found this site. Like i said before, before i downloaded any of the EP's or Stuff's i downloaded Midnight Hollow. And it worked no problem. But once i had gone thru and seen the EP's, i tried downloading one of them and it made it where my game would not start. So i followed the "Install Sims Properly" forum and deleted & downloaded from scratch with the new EP's and Stuffs i wanted. BEFORE i tried adding any of the "towns" again..i started my game and it worked like a charm all the new things where there. Then i tried downloading the 4 towns i wanted. No luck, they wont show up. So i posted my HELP ME forum. i deleted all of the towns and there content and just picked one to try as my go to if i do get it to work. You kindly told me to delete my caches. Which i did. No luck again. Then i tried your second tip, trying #2 an #4 of the install guide = no luck. Then i tried your 3rd tip, where you follow the instructions from cc an worlds not showing. =NO luck. and i followed that one to a T. i even wrote everything down so i didnt have to flip back and forth thru screens. 
I am only downloading one and checking after the download is complete everytime and its not working.

I am going to follow your advice and try one more time to do what you told me. If all else fails i will re-install my base game. 
If there is anything else you could possibly say to help me...please do. But i am trying any and all options. Please and thank you. confused 

This is probably another case in which installing a new update or expansion deleted your CC. I always rcommend you rename the folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts) BEFORE patching the game or installing another EP. Just change the folder's name into anything you like. And after you updated the game, you can rename the folder back to "normal". I assume you just tried installing ONE world at a time, with the launcher ? If so, then I'm unsure what could be done next...Try reading this guide for now:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

Next, download and install the latest (available) "store fixes":

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Instructions are included. And after that, delete again the cache files I mentioned in my first reply. And then, re-install a world with the launcher. Does it then show up ?

P.S. Make sure to apply the store fixes correctly. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 05:04

Sorry i havent gotten back. but i got it to work and have all 4 of the towns i wanted. not sure what happened to get them to work. but did it without prob. when i tried during my last post. but thank you so much for your help. 
                                                                                           flower 

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Apr 2014, 20:20

Hello there,

Glad to hear it's working fine now!
Enjoy playing the game and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need more assistance. Wink

I'll close this topic now.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top