Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-game talk radio station

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-game talk radio station Empty In-game talk radio station

Post by Guest Thu 03 Apr 2014, 14:01

Back to top Go down

In-game talk radio station Empty Re: In-game talk radio station

Post by invalidusername Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:42

Well how I get this effect, because yes, it's a fantastic idea, is I have podcasts downloaded, and I just put the mp3 files of them into the custom music folder. Then I can listen to those while I play, and it's almost like having a talk show. Especially with ones like "Welcome to Night Vale," where it's mimicking a live radio show.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 19:01

Yes that is exactly what I did.
it is weird that the Sims developers never thought of such idea, it is so much fun and its as u said already exist in other games such as "The movies Game"

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Apr 2014, 04:17

telo90 wrote:Yes that is exactly what I did.
it is weird that the Sims developers never thought of such idea, it is so much fun and its as u said already exist in other games such as "The movies Game"

The reason the developers didn't do something like that was because of the (fictional) in-game language "Simlish".

Now if you have in-game radio broadcasts in your native language, be it English, Spanish, Russian, Arabic or whatever, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to have all other in-game spoken interactions in that respective language too, right ? Unless EA adds a radio option like "foreign language channel" or something. That YouTube video, in this sense, looks a bit ridiculous to me, because the song is in Simlish and the broadcast in English, but of course that's a matter of taste. 

It's probably cheaper to have everything in Simlish, rather than translate every bit of spoken interaction, into different languages. Yes, it is done in many other games, but usually these "other games" are somewhat smaller in size and complexity as The Sims 3. In TS3, you'd have to translate lots of spoken bits, if we consider all expansions/stuffpacks. 

As a personal note, I actually find the whole idea of a "universal in-game language" nicer, than many different language versions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top