Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED] Empty Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:49

Hey everyone @ G4TW, like I said in the title A weird request but I'm looking for Carrie Asai's book series called Samurai Girl, I've looked and asked everywhere for them in eBook format (ePub) but haven't had much luck so I was wondering if any of you guys could help! hope ya can Smile BTW here's a link for them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Girl_(book_series)

Back to top Go down

Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:16

Zefie wrote:Hey everyone @ G4TW, like I said in the title A weird request but I'm looking for Carrie Asai's book series called Samurai Girl, I've looked and asked everywhere for them in eBook format (ePub) but haven't had much luck so I was wondering if any of you guys could help! hope ya can Smile BTW here's a link for them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Girl_(book_series)

//MOVED

Hello,

I moved your topic to the "Off-topic" section. Games4TheWorld specializes on Windows (PC) game and software releases, and e-books don't belong in the "Requests" sub-forum. Wink  That said, I'll still try to help you with that question.

My first tip would be for you to actually google for this book series; on Piratebay and all those other torrent sites you can usually find tons of e-books, but of course, it also depends on what exactly you are looking for - not everything can be found on the internet.

There is also a site called "ebookee" (google for it), at that site you may find the books you want too, but keep in mind that not all sites there have "download links".

If you cannot get hold of an e-book version of it, you may want to look for used books on the web (Amazon, e-bay, etc.); which is what I very often do, when I want a particular book. You can - more often than you think ! - find good bargains on the web, and get used books which are still in good quality.

I hope this helps you, a little bit Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Odd Request But Worth A Try! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 05 Apr 2014, 03:39

Thought I had posted in the wrong place, my bad WhatDidUJustCallMe? but thanks to a request my request on Pirate Bay someone finally helped lol If I can I will delete this thread also thanks for the info on Ebookee as im quite new too the whole ebook thing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Apr 2014, 12:24

Zefie wrote:Thought I had posted in the wrong place, my bad WhatDidUJustCallMe? but thanks to a request my request on Pirate Bay someone finally helped lol If I can I will delete this thread also thanks for the info on Ebookee as im quite new too the whole ebook thing Smile

On here, you cannot delete your (own) posts/topics once you have received a reply from someone else. Wink  Only Admins and Mods can do that, and in some of the sub-forums "The Sims Helpers" too. That said, I'm glad to hear that your problem seems to be in the process of 'being solved'. 

When you're on a torrent site like Piratebay, you may type into the search mask "ebook", after which you will get all available results - for e-books. If you are looking for something specific, this search method might be a bit tedious, but for a start I think it's a good way.

Also, if you don't have a "dedicated" e-book reader device yet, try saving up on one. You don't want to read e-books on a "normal" computer screen, since that's very tiring and bad for the eyes too. Likewise, depending on your e-book reader model, you should turn off any integrated background illumination, if applicable. This illumination has basically the same effects as reading from a computer screen.

Do you have any other questions, or can I close the topic ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:35

It can be closed now, but thanks for the advice Smile also Im using my tablet which has a built in e-reader so hopefully no harm done to my eyes lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 06 Apr 2014, 00:45

Hi there,

I'll close it now then.
Please ask a Moderator or Administrator to re-open it, if you want to add something. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top