Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED] Empty Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 05:01

The first time I tried downloading The Sims 3, I completed everything exactly how it says.  When I clicked setup, the InstallShield Wizard came out mostly in Russian, accents and "????"'s.  When I tried to play the game after that, it was in Russian and I had no idea how to change the language.  I deleted everything, uninstalled, et cetera, and started from scratch.

The second time around, I tried to delete all of the language info for anything not English.  When I did that, the installer still came out wonky donk with not a shred of English.  Then the installer started requesting (I think) information for language files I had deleted.  Now I'm bloody lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 23:22

Hi
I got the same problem, but i found a workaround:
- Sims3Setup.exe --) create a shortcut
- right-click  --) properties
- In the target (dont know if right translated from german, the Line where the Location is) do a space behind the " and write /L1033

Example: ("C:\Users\***\Downloads\Sims 3 Diesel [Stuff]\Sims3SP07Setup.exe" /L1033)

Now your installation should be in english if you start it with the shortcut

EDIT: I cant post link atm, if you want another language i can send you a link to a list, just pm me.

Back to top Go down

Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question Marks, Symbols, and Russian. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Apr 2014, 03:09

AngelaReitan wrote:The first time I tried downloading The Sims 3, I completed everything exactly how it says.  When I clicked setup, the InstallShield Wizard came out mostly in Russian, accents and "????"'s.  When I tried to play the game after that, it was in Russian and I had no idea how to change the language.  I deleted everything, uninstalled, et cetera, and started from scratch.

The second time around, I tried to delete all of the language info for anything not English.  When I did that, the installer still came out wonky donk with not a shred of English.  Then the installer started requesting (I think) information for language files I had deleted.  Now I'm bloody lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Do you mean you modified something about the installation files - and the installer isn't quite working now ? If you can't get the installer working (anymore) I'm afraid you'll have to re-download the game, from here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

You should never modify anything about installer files, unless you really know what you're doing. Next, when you install the base game for the first time, you will normally get an option to select a language; and if you can't select English, then try following the installation process until it's done. Afterwards, do the (registry) fix described here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix

This will change your in-game language to English. What the previous poster suggested is not bad either, but personally I recommend you modify the registry, according to the tip in the link I just posted.

Feel free to contact us again if you need more assistance during that process. Good luck. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Apr 2014, 09:34

I fixed it by accident.  When I uninstalled them, then reinstalled, everything was English.

Mod edit: I'm glad to hear it worked out for you that way ! I'll close this topic now - since the problem seems solved. Feel free to contact me via PM if you want to have the topic re-openend.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top