Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED] Empty Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Apr 2014, 16:11

Hi Administrators, 

I have been playing the Sims 3 for over 5 years, installing and patching as you have recommended without any issues. I was patched up to 1.63 and had decided to wait until I absolutely needed to before updating again (with all the NRAAS mods I have its a nightmare). Finally, a new store venue came out that I really wanted (Deliciously Indulgent Bakery) that required the latest update, so I decided to download your super patch for 1.67 via Mega upload. The problem is, everytime I click to update (even as administrator) the following error message appears (NB- I am using Windows 7):

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP: 
PVENDOR: 
PGUID: 

@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601) 
IE Version:9.11.9600.16521

I am at my wits end as I have tried all the usual tricks. I redownloaded the patch from the mirror link, same thing. I even uninstalled all my games and reinstalled (biggest mistake EVER) then tried to update.. same message. At this point I tried updating using patch 1.63 instead, same message... I am installed up to Island Paradise (last expansion worth having) and now I can't play at all because it says the base game does not match the latest version. I have scoured the internet for answers without succes. Please, I'm begging for help!!!

(Apologies for the length of the post... just didn't want to leave anything out that may be important for you to help)

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 11 Apr 2014, 22:29

Hello there,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
That error means that the manual patch has somehow become corrupt.

Please RE-DOWNLOAD the manual patch, using (preferably) a different browser. Do not use any download managers/accelerators and do not interrupt the download process. (E.g. do not pause it)

After that, it should work fine.
Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Windows 7 Will Not Allow to Patch game (Vista error???)!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 11 Apr 2014, 23:52

Thanks so much Admin!!

It worked (redownloaded with Firefox instead of Chrome). Sigh... why must the Sims give me so much heartache over such simple matters??

Forever grateful,
Shai07

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top