Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED] Empty World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Apr 2014, 15:48

hey all!

I'm hoping someone can help me out, I was stupid and downloaded the World Adventures expansion from Kickasstorrents before I realized it was only for if you have the base game through Games4theworld.
I have the purchased, disk in hand, base sims 3 game, Pets, and Late Night.  Origin bought Fast Lane Stuff.
Is there ANYWAY to install this particular version with my purchased base game?  Ive successfully installed Seasons and Supernatural with the ultimate fix from you guys and am currently downloaded alot of other Expansion packs now.  (which reminds me, someone seed island paradise. hahah)
I've tried following the directions in the folder, but when I get to the regedit portion there is not a Sims folder?  So Im a little stuck. haha

Just hoping to install world adventures without having to download the base game when I already own it.  I really love how easy the Games4theworld downloads are.  

(Also, running a PC running windows 7. if that helps at all.)

Thanks for any help!

Back to top Go down

World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Apr 2014, 13:52

hummingbirdkrista wrote:hey all!

I'm hoping someone can help me out, I was stupid and downloaded the World Adventures expansion from Kickasstorrents before I realized it was only for if you have the base game through Games4theworld.
I have the purchased, disk in hand, base sims 3 game, Pets, and Late Night.  Origin bought Fast Lane Stuff.
Is there ANYWAY to install this particular version with my purchased base game?  Ive successfully installed Seasons and Supernatural with the ultimate fix from you guys and am currently downloaded alot of other Expansion packs now.  (which reminds me, someone seed island paradise. hahah)
I've tried following the directions in the folder, but when I get to the regedit portion there is not a Sims folder?  So Im a little stuck. haha

Just hoping to install world adventures without having to download the base game when I already own it.  I really love how easy the Games4theworld downloads are.  

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

The games from Games4TheWorld are technically the same as the retail (disc) ones, because they were "extracted" - from discs. Wink  So yes, you should be able to use your World Adventures download, with the bought games.

After installing, I recommend you re-do the latest manual patch and then the latest Ultimate fix too. This means, just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should do ! Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Apr 2014, 20:11

Carlos wrote:
hummingbirdkrista wrote:hey all!

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

The games from Games4TheWorld are technically the same as the retail (disc) ones, because they were "extracted" - from discs. Wink  So yes, you should be able to use your World Adventures download, with the bought games.

After installing, I recommend you re-do the latest manual patch and then the latest Ultimate fix too. This means, just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should do ! Good luck ! Smile
Hey!

Cool! Problem, I cant get to the install portion.  Im already updated to the latest patch and such and used the ultimate fix for my other expansions.  However when trying to install World Adventures I cant get past step two because I don't have the "Sims" Folder in my regedit section, so I cant continue with the install.

//EDIT

World Adventures with purchased base game? [SOLVED] Captur12
See?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 17 Apr 2014, 11:32

Hello,

Is your computer 32-bit/64-bit? Registry keys are "stored" in a different location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims if your pc is 64-bit. You should modify the SKU value there.

That being said, you can install The Sims 3 World Adventures without going through the steps of modifying registry keys. If you do not receive any error messages during installation and complete successfully the installation, you can skip the steps as regards the registry editor (regedit, in other words).

Please let us know if you run into any problems.

Last edited by J.T. on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 20:00; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Apr 2014, 15:44

J.T. wrote:Hello,

Is your computer 32-bit/64-bit? Registry keys are "stored" in a different location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims if your pc is 64-bit. You should modify the SKU value there.

That being said, you can install The Sims 3 World Adventures without going through the steps of modifying registry keys. If you do not receive any error messages during installation and complete successfully the installation, you can skip the steps as regards the registry editor (regedit, in other words).

Please let us know if you run into any problems.
YOU! Thank you!! thats where it was. Smile

I wasnt able to do the install before due to the error message about location or whatever, That was where it was!! Thank you!

Problem solved! Thanks!

Helper Edit: You know where you can find us if you run into trouble again. Have fun with your game! Topic closed.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top