Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED] Empty Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 17:29

I have a purchased copy of the Sims 3 base game. I have only games4theworld downloads of the expansions. I have mounted all of the images and installed the base game correctly and can launch it. No matter which expansion I attempt to install I receive an error that says I need to install the Sims 3 first. I have the most up to date patch and have searched the forums for hours trying not to have to start a thread as I usually can figure these things out. Please help! It is a rip off to spend 400 bucks on the expansions.

Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Feb 2013, 17:39

Well, first off, what images are you mounting? There's no disk images to mount in ANY of the g4tw expansions, only the base game.

Secondly, where did you buy the base game from?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Purchased Base Game - Can not install any expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 17:41

Base game is from Steam. I can't get past step 1 in the instructions guide.

//EDIT

I have unmounted the files I mistook for needing it. Sorry about that. I
am still running into the same error that I need to install the Sims 3
before I can add expansions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice
today.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Feb 2013, 19:05

It's because the base game is through Steam. There's no way to add on other expansions with a Steam game, even if you owned the disks. All expansions need to be installed through Steam.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 23:09

I uninstalled the base game that was installed through Steam and reinstalled it after downloading Origins. Found the game in Origins and installed it there, didn't need anything to do it except being registered. This allowed me to install all of the expansions and it is working great as far as I can tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 18 Feb 2013, 23:46

Good. Smile Glad you found a work-around, and I'll have to remember to suggest going through origin for other Steam users.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 14:00

Glad that I figured it out! I hate Steam... Hope many people get resolution from this result. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Feb 2013, 18:58

Steam is awesome for multiplayer games/games with no expansions. And for sharing games with friends ;D
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top