Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 shutting down after 5 minutes of play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 shutting down after 5 minutes of play Empty Sims 3 shutting down after 5 minutes of play

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 23:34

I have a 32 bit system and windows 7 ultimate, I do have 4 gof memory also. I got through creating my family and loading screens. But, when I go to build  a home I can get maybe 1 wall up and then I get a error code. The sims 3 has stopped working. I tried everything, The ultimate fix, the sims 3 dashboard to find bad content, I have even uninstalled the games. So, I just feel like getting rid of the programs now and waiting for the sims 4 to come out.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 shutting down after 5 minutes of play Empty Re: Sims 3 shutting down after 5 minutes of play

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Apr 2014, 17:57

garrettj4 wrote:I have a 32 bit system and windows 7 ultimate, I do have 4 gof memory also. I got through creating my family and loading screens. But, when I go to build  a home I can get maybe 1 wall up and then I get a error code. The sims 3 has stopped working. I tried everything, The ultimate fix, the sims 3 dashboard to find bad content, I have even uninstalled the games. So, I just feel like getting rid of the programs now and waiting for the sims 4 to come out.

Hello,

Having 4 GB of RAM doesn't help you, since you basically can only use 2-3 GB of it - because of your 32-bit Windows. In that sense, a 64-bit Windows would be much better. You might want to think about downloading a 64-bit version of Windows. In my opinion there really is no point in 32-bit systems, unless you use the computer mainly for Office purposes and/or movie watching/music listening/websurfing.

For most contemporary games, a 32-bit system is a big disadvantage though.

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps, except step #3, since that one is not going to work for you (due to your 32-bit Windows): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. In-game, try lowering some graphics settings like resolution, edge smoothing and lot detail too.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top