Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BuyDeBug Saving Issue. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BuyDeBug Saving Issue. [CLOSED] Empty BuyDeBug Saving Issue. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Apr 2014, 06:17

Hello Friends,

I've recently downloaded World Adventures (applied all cracks and fixes to correct folders), and I've encountered a problem with saving. I've isolated the problem to the BuyDeBug cheat. Everytime I use an object found in the buydebug catalogue, the game is unable to save (stuck in eternal save screen). The game saves fine without the use of buydebug objects. Any ideas why, and possible solutions? 

In terms of other expansions and mods: The only expansions I am running are Into the Future and World Adventures, and I am also using NRAAS industries mods. It should be noted that I installed Into the Future, as well as all of my mods before installing World Adventures. I did not encounter any problems saving with only Into the Future installed.

Back to top Go down

BuyDeBug Saving Issue. [CLOSED] Empty Re: BuyDeBug Saving Issue. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Apr 2014, 21:08

I also have this problem. And I also have NRASS mods: Overwatch, ErrorTrap and Woohooer.
Maybe the problem are mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Apr 2014, 21:25

I have Mastercontroller,Overwatch, Dresser, and Cupcake. The thing is, I didn't have this problem until I installed WA. So the game saved fine with only Into the Future.

//EDIT

So I've done some testing, and NRAAS mods are not the issue. I've isolated the problem to a premium content fix package (KT Store Fix Decrap version). While the fix works in game, I believe this is the source of the saving problem. It must conflict with the BuyDeBug cheat. So I'm temporarily disabling the fix until I find a suitable replacement. The game saves fine now even after using BuyDeBug objects. So YAY! If you have this fix file, it's probably the root of your save problem as well

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Apr 2014, 20:07

CDively wrote:I have Mastercontroller,Overwatch, Dresser, and Cupcake. The thing is, I didn't have this problem until I installed WA. So the game saved fine with only Into the Future.

//EDIT

So I've done some testing, and NRAAS mods are not the issue. I've isolated the problem to a premium content fix package (KT Store Fix Decrap version). While the fix works in game, I believe this is the source of the saving problem. It must conflict with the BuyDeBug cheat. So I'm temporarily disabling the fix until I find a suitable replacement. The game saves fine now even after using BuyDeBug objects. So YAY! If you have this fix file, it's probably the root of your save problem as well

Hello,

Sounds interesting, and I will test that myself. I would have actually suggested deleting the cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And after that, re-starting the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 03:21

Carlos wrote:
CDively wrote:I have Mastercontroller,Overwatch, Dresser, and Cupcake. The thing is, I didn't have this problem until I installed WA. So the game saved fine with only Into the Future.

//EDIT

Hello,

Sounds interesting, and I will test that myself. I would have actually suggested deleting the cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And after that, re-starting the game.
Thanks for the suggestion! Initially it worked, even with the store fix package. But after restarting the game for a second run, the problem persisted. Should I be deleting those cache files before every re-start? - EDIT: Scratch that, just tested again after deleting cache files. Didn't work, weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:55

I'm going to play some Sims 3 on the weekend now, so I'll see to that. Another cause of this could be that something's wrong with your savefile(s).

Have you actually tried the option "Save as..." ?

//EDIT

OK, so I played a little and bought a few seeds from buydebug. I saved twice after that - all successfully. You might indeed want to test this glitch on other savefiles too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:24

Just tested using "Save As..", seems to be saving with no problem! Hopefully this is a permanent solution, I will continue testing. Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:25

CDively wrote:Just tested using "Save As..", seems to be saving with no problem! Hopefully this is a permanent solution, I will continue testing. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome. Keep in mind that from now on, you have created a "new savefile", basically. So after you chose "save as", you can - from THEN ON - choose "Save" again.

If you have any other issues, let me know - I'll leave the topic open.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 00:12

Carlos wrote:
CDively wrote:Just tested using "Save As..", seems to be saving with no problem! Hopefully this is a permanent solution, I will continue testing. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome. Keep in mind that from now on, you have created a "new savefile", basically. So after you chose "save as", you can - from THEN ON - choose "Save" again.

If you have any other issues, let me know - I'll leave the topic open.

I had come to this same conclusion last night while encountering this same issue, and it's not working as a permanent fix. I had deleted all of the cache files, Saved As once and then Saved again twice later on, same issue on second try. I was able to Save As with different file names each time maybe twice or three times per game state before it started to freeze again. 
I have found a file called StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes and StoreFix_Fixes in my packages file. I also have the NRAAS Master Controller and Lunar Lakes and Dragon Alley downloaded and installed. I have no issues saving when BuyDebug has not been used. My mods worked previously to the installation of Lunar Lakes and Dragon Alley, no issues saving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 28 Nov 2014, 20:42

[color=#FFAABB]I use "save as" from a long time ago, just because I was facing the same problem, besides some saves would not be "openable"... Sorry for not having any ideas for fixing this issue.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 01:57

I am having the same issue, i have no idea how to fix it.

Mod edit: please open a NEW thread for your issues, instead of bumping a dead topic. Thank you - topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top