Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction Empty Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 17:04

So let me get this straight..
uhm, I cannot use the ultimate fix if I don't have Generations installed? 
What if I only want Seasons, University Life and Ambitions as my expansion packs?
Admin, please do clarify, I've been trying for 3 days already and I still cannot update the base game. I downloaded everything as instructed from this website.  Noob 

I'm re-downloading the manual patch for the third time already using chrome.

Back to top Go down

Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction Empty Re: Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction

Post by Guest Tue 06 May 2014, 02:15

still no luck with the manual patch. i cant update using the eadm

Back to top Go down

Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction Empty Re: Clarification for TS3 Installation instruction

Post by Guest Tue 06 May 2014, 17:57

You only need any expansion generations or newer for the ultimate fix to work. You should be able to apply the temporary fix otherwise. Download the manual patch and run it. It should work. I hope this helps you!!! In a different post the admin said:
"Hello,

In order to get your game working, you do not need to do the whole Fix again. All you need to do, can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

As for the Fix, it was originally created to make it possible for you to update your game via the launcher, without getting the "Invalid File" error. (You get that error when the updater detects a cracked file)
All the folders you see in the Ultimate Fix - except for the "# Crack" folder - contain the original files, which you need to update via the launcher, without getting the "Invalid File" error.
First you put back all the original files to the folders where they belong and then you can update via the launcher... if done correctly, of course. A lot of people still misplace the files, that's why we recommend the manual patch, which does not check the files and just replaces them with their originals.

As for the "TS3" and the "TS3W" files: the "TS3W" was added after the release of The Sims 3: Generations. Since the release of that expansion, it's not necessary to update each expansion pack separately any more. When you update the base game now, everything else will automatically be updated to the latest version.

I hope this clears up. If not, please let us know!"

I believe this should clear up your issue as well as answer the question in the original post. I hope this is of help to you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top