Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem after Applying the *FIX*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem after Applying the *FIX* Empty Problem after Applying the *FIX*

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 06:23

Dear Games4theworld,

I have ran into a bit of a problem.. After I have installed everything and put every *fix* in the correct folders; the instruction guide tells me to open the launcher and update the latest update before the put the '# crack' in The Sims 3 folder under my programs. I have opened the launch and their is an update showing up, but everytime I click to update it nothing happens. Then I tried to just apply the '# crack' and apply it without updating (because it doesn't seem to want to update) and the game just crashes before seeing any sign of the game.

Would anyone know how to resolve this issue? I would be greatly appreciative!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Problem after Applying the *FIX* Empty Re: Problem after Applying the *FIX*

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Aug 2011, 09:24

Hello,
Cracking the game without updating it isn't going to work, the crack is only compatible with the latest patch.
You need to have EA downloadmanager/Origin installed to patch the game and it has to be unblocked in your firewall. Make sure it is installed and try again.
Please let us know if this works and don't hesitate to post if you run into anything else.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 18:07

Hello,

I do have origin installed and made an exception on firewall for it to run it. But for some reason when I click the 'Update Now' button to try and get the patch the update doesn't seem to want to download.

I will try to reboot my computer and try it again in the mean time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Aug 2011, 18:17

You can also run the patch without the launcher, just do a manual search for sims 3 1.24 patch.
This one should be good http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=&sys=pc&file=ts3_1.24.3.0120xx_update.zip&ref=ps
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 18:29

Oh! This happened to me. You've added the 2 fix-files for Generation and/or Town Life Stuff to the expansion folders and not "SIMS 3" folder. What I did was delete my mistake and applying the fixes to SIMS 3 base game folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 02:28

Thank you very much, Eldi. I shall give that a try.

Vjem, could you please explain it in steps for me please on how you fixed it? I do have Generation and Town Life Stuff and used the fix for both of them.

//EDIT

Lady Eldi, where may I place this new patch into; the sims 3 folder in my documents?

And just so this doesn't start to confuse me, this is the update that doesn't seem to want to download for me on the launcher. it is called: TS3SP02_7.3.2.011031_update.exe

But also it says I have version: 1.24.3.012017 in TS3 launcher.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Sat 06 Aug 2011, 09:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info to help solve issue)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 06 Aug 2011, 09:54

Hmm if your base game version is 1.24 your game should be up to date. But this TS3SP02_7.3.2.011031_update.exe is also confusing because you shouldn't be prompted to download this patch at all at this time, not if you have all the expansionpacks already installed and are simply trying to update to the latest version.
Ok please re apply the fix, every step of it, but instead of letting the launcher update your game, use the one you downloaded which, as far as I know, shouldn't be put in a specific folder but simply executed and your game will be patched. Then, copy the crack to the specified folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 00:56

Thank you very much Eldi; I will give that a try after I uninstall, and reinstall the base game. Maybe that could be the issue. I will try re-doing all the fixes and the crack right after it is reinstalled again. I will let you know how it works when I give it a try! Smile

//EDIT

Okay, now I have uninstalled TS3 base game and reinstalled it. But now the launcher isn't even attempting to open up ater applying the FIX's to all of the files. At one point I did accidentally dragged two of the fix files onto TS3launcher.exe, but that couldn't be the reason why I cannot even start the launcher right??

Please reply as soon as anyone can. Would really like to get this to work as soon as possible.

Also after I reinstalled TS3 base game I checked Electronic Arts folder in my documents and when I checked The Sims 3 file it was completely empty. I have no idea on how I could fix this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:25

Hello,
If you're reinstalling the game, you have to restart your pc after uninstalling. Please follow the steps from the "must read" on the front page. There's also a link in my signature: how to install The Sims 3 correctly
Please let us know if you need more help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:21

Note: If you reinstall the game, MAKE SURE YOU RESTART YOUR SYSTEM after you done uninstall the game [Before you start the new installation]
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 23:41

Yes! I have gotten it to work. Thank you two so very much for your time and effort on helping me out with my troubles! Very Happy

One little question though, can I be able to put other expansions in even when I used the crack already? Just figured I would ask. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Aug 2011, 23:43

planbsk8ers5 wrote:Yes! I have gotten it to work. Thank you two so very much for your time and effort on helping me out with my troubles! Very Happy

One little question though, can I be able to put other expansions in even when I used the crack already? Just figured I would ask. Smile
Hello,

Yes, just install all the expansions you like and the re-apply the Fix from step 1. You should be fine after that!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 00:04

Admin wrote:
planbsk8ers5 wrote:Yes! I have gotten it to work. Thank you two so very much for your time and effort on helping me out with my troubles! Very Happy

Hello,

Yes, just install all the expansions you like and the re-apply the Fix from step 1. You should be fine after that!

Thank you Admin! I shall try it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Aug 2011, 00:08

planbsk8ers5 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hello,

Thank you Admin! I shall try it. Razz
Hello,

You're welcome! Please let us know the result here! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 01:51

Do you have to be a member of Origin after it downloads? Cause I am having similar problems with the *fix* as well. That Origin box popped up and I didn't know what it was so I didn't download it and now I read that you have to have it in order for the patch to work! I need help!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:10

Hello,
As far as I know, you don't have to register with Origin to patch the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:25

Sidekick wrote:Do you have to be a member of Origin after it downloads? Cause I am having similar problems with the *fix* as well. That Origin box popped up and I didn't know what it was so I didn't download it and now I read that you have to have it in order for the patch to work! I need help!!!!
Hello,

You must have Origin installed in order to update/patch the game. However, there's no need to keep it running when playing (it'll automatically open and close while updating) AND there's no need to register for Origin.

Hope that helps! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)