Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help? Empty Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help?

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 21:56

Hello!

(yes, another sims 3 question haha i'm sorry guys i just need clarity)

I finally found on your website this guide : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

It seems very clear but i really don't want to mess the installation, and i would like to install several expansions.

I deleted everything i downloaded and started again from the download link in the guide.

For now i just have the base game downloading.

I have several questions :
- Can i download the expansions from the piratebay page of games4theworld even though it's written that it's for PC?
- Can you explain in the guide how to install an expansion step by step?
- Is there an order when you want to install expansions?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help? Empty Re: Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help?

Post by Phoebe Thu 29 May 2014, 10:38

Hello!

No need to apologize, we're here to help! Smile I'd like add more tips to you before answering your questions.

First, as Sims 3 is so complicated and so buggy in Mac (also in PC. Sims 3 is the buggiest game ever! lol), I am always trying to be cautious and play it safe. Like installing the right base game version. The better version so far is the cracked version for Macs, and all you need to do is extracting the game directly to your App folder.

Also, please keep your game clean after you installed succesfully. It means don't put massive custom content that you don't know where did came from. I am having more problems with cc with my Mac than my PC. 

Now answers for your questions:

- In our site, Sims 3 and expansions are compitable with Mac. That's why you should choose our versions as they are already played/tested, and problem free. It's a suggestion of course, for problem-free gameplay Smile

- It's already mentioned in guide but let me phrase you one more time. After you installed your base game and make sure it's working, now it's time to install expansions. 
It's always better to follow the order of the games, I am not saying it's necessary but you can avoid some problem with doing so. In the guide, it says you shouldn't use patch until you've done with installing all expansions you want but there are some problems with that. Expansions such as, World Adventures, Town Life Stuff, Pets are messy ones and they need a patched game to be installed.
So, after installing the base game just update your game and it's better to do so with manual update: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch
You need to create a .dmg file of the expansion packs for being able to work the installation progress. In the guide you can find it in Part 2. It's an easy but essential step. After doing it you can install every expansion pack you want.
When you finally finish installing, you needto use manual update again to patch your game, and then you need to use Ultimate Fix (Mac Version). There is a guide in the file so you can read and apply the instructions.

Voila! You're done. 
Please let me know if you have any problem during installation
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help? Empty Re: Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help?

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014, 19:03

Hey Phoebe so i was talking to you on this other topic (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13913-an-error-occurred-while-applying-the-update) i am sorry for the double post it's just that it turns out that i have a lot of bugs haha

To sum up:

- I downloaded the base game from the link in the Mac Guide
- I tried to update it from the launcher but it didnt work
- I downloaded the manual patch to get it to 1.67
- I updated it
- Now when i try to launch the launcher (sorry for my english haha) i have an error message saying "Unknown error occured"

(I didn't install any expansions yet and didnt download the ultimate fix as i dont know when to apply it haha)

Thank you for your help!
I'm a  Noob  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 29 May 2014, 19:19

Hello,

You can't play if you don't apply Ultimate Fix. Please download it and apply acording to instructions in it. 

Let me know if you need anything. By the way, I am closing the other topic Wink

//EDIT 

Oh, I missed the last part of your post. If you read the Mac Guide you should have known that you have to install at least one latest expansion to make your game work... You need to read the guide and IF you have problems after reading it I am here to help.

We're making guides for you to read  as it's really takes so much time to tell the same things over and over again. So PLEASE read the guide and apply all the instructions AFTER that if you have further problems just let me know.

Here is the guide:https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014, 19:53

I am actually following the pdf guide step by step but it's not written that you need at least one expansion to get it to work.
I came here because i didn't find everything in the guide i'm sorry it's just that i tried to install the game 2 other times from other downloads or websites and couldnt get it to work and i came here because you seems to be the ones with the best support and information.

Anyway i was planning to download expansions :)i'll start now.
One last question: if i download some expansions now, and then apply the ultimate fix, can i still add more expansions after?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014, 19:59

Oh i just found this maybe you were referring to this guide but i thought it was for pc as it's in "pc download support" ( https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ) this one says that you need at least one expansion whereas the pdf one doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 12:59

Hey!
So i downloaded the first expansion "World Adventures", unzipped it with Stufflt Expander, created a dmg image with disk utility and started to install it (i followed the pdf guide).
After entering the code, i have to select a disk, but i have this error message : 

Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help? Captur10

It means "in order to install world adventures, you need to have already installed the sims 3"
So i don't know what to do haha

EDIT: I am now downloading the second expansion released on your website (Ambitions) to see if i have the same issue

EDIT : I tried to change the name of the app from "Les Sims TM 3" to "The Sims TM 3" (with the right TM thing) but it didnt change anything

EDIT: ok so i downloaded ambitions and i have the same issue, same error. when i select the disk, it says it cant find the sims 3

EDIT: Do you think I can try to move the app to an external hardrive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 31 May 2014, 11:12

Hello,

Are you sure you're choosing the place where your Sims 3 game installed? Try to open a new folder for Sims 3 only, and extract your main game in it. When the installer asks where to install the expansion pack choose the folder directly.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 18:28

I have only one disk which is "Macintosh HD", I created a folder called "The Sims 3" in "applications" and it's still not working Sad

Here is the picture :

Following the guide - The Sims 3 - Mac - No expansions installations help? Captur11

EDIT: I copied the file to an external disc and chose it and i have the same issue Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top