Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED] Empty Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 22:04

Hey, all. I spent the past four days trying to get this damn game installed and went through a lot of frustration. I probably spent over 20 hours total trying to get this thing to work. I FINALLY got the game working, with all of the expansions (not the stuff packs) installed along with it.

I figured since I went through so much trouble trying to get this to work, I would write out a guide for other people and try to make it as simple to understand as possible. So I registered an account on these forums, and uploaded a .txt file with the instructions. I would post it right here in the forum, but it's too long. Here's the link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!qhhTzLRB!DpwdmkM2u8t8-utA_ARLRkRBuRFaXW5FSeEIkq-gDyc

If anyone is having a lot of trouble installing The Sims 3 on a Mac and is ready to just give up, please give this a shot before you do and tell me if it works for you. Like I said, it's quite long, but that's because it's very detailed and I wanted to make sure there was zero confusion. If you don't understand one of the steps or if I messed up somewhere, please reply and I'll try to fix it. Hope I can help someone out there.

Last edited by Sims3Helper on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 06:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 13:19

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I've been trying for days to get the Sims & various expansions to work and I was just about to give up before I tried your guide. I've not played properly yet so hopefully everything will be peachy but it was fine on start-up. Seriously thank you so much, you & games4theworld have saved me about £200!

Two days later: sometimes crashes in CAS and a few glitches but I'm not having anymore problems than I would with a retail copy tbh. Thanks again <3

Back to top Go down

Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Detailed Sims 3 with Expansions Mac Installation Guide. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 21:12

phoebrap wrote:THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I've been trying for days to get the Sims & various expansions to work and I was just about to give up before I tried your guide. I've not played properly yet so hopefully everything will be peachy but it was fine on start-up. Seriously thank you so much, you & games4theworld have saved me about £200!

Two days later: sometimes crashes in CAS and a few glitches but I'm not having anymore problems than I would with a retail copy tbh. Thanks again <3

No problem! Glad I could help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:23

Thank you very much for that ! It was really helpful ! Smile

Edit: Apparently, University life doesn't work.. But everything else does.. Has it happened to anyone else ? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 06:28

Updated post with an actual link to the .txt file to make it easier to access.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 05:45

OMGGGG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This is what i was looking for!! I was just about to give up aswell and then i found this amazing tutorial! more simple than this is impossible! Thank you so much again, now i can install my favorite expansions!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 25 Dec 2013, 11:03

J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2016, 09:51

,,The file you are trying to download is no longer available'' Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Jul 2016, 09:58

filiperty343 wrote:,,The file you are trying to download is no longer available'' Sad

Hello,

If at all possible, please keep all discussions about the same problem in only one thread. Smile  In your case, the thread that you created earlier:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23328-how-to-install-the-sims-3-for-mac

This here is a VERY old thread, and the topic creator hasn't logged into the forum for a very long time, therefore he or she is not likely to come online and edit the opening post.

I will also close this topic here now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top