Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED] Empty Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 03:55

My sims has been freezing a lot lately, and after I followed the "Sims 3 crashes / freezes to Desktop fix" thread, I've found out that my problem was fixed at the first step, which is to remove the mods and custom content.

But when I put my saved games back (after testing it), the problem still persist ..

Is there anyway to fix this matter, which I can still use my old saved games?
Or I really need to play the game from start again? Sad

I've built my own dream house and it's very depressing to lose it all  :'(

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 05 Jun 2014, 12:17

Neldoreth wrote:My sims has been freezing a lot lately, and after I followed the "Sims 3 crashes / freezes to Desktop fix" thread, I've found out that my problem was fixed at the first step, which is to remove the mods and custom content.

But when I put my saved games back (after testing it), the problem still persist ..

Is there anyway to fix this matter, which I can still use my old saved games?
Or I really need to play the game from start again? Sad

I've built my own dream house and it's very depressing to lose it all  :'(

Thank you

Hello,

Did you save the house in "edit-town" mode ? Whenever you do such a thing like building ahouse, you should ALWAYS save it to the "library", of edit-town mode. So if you choose your house, in edit-town, you should see a buttom called "save to library" or something like that.

About your savefile...the only realistic option I'm seeing is to look if you have a backup of that save. Look into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves and see if you have a folder there with the name...

(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup

Do you have such a folder ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fixing without losing the saved games? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jun 2014, 14:24

Carlos wrote:
Hello,

Did you save the house in "edit-town" mode ? Whenever you do such a thing like building ahouse, you should ALWAYS save it to the "library", of edit-town mode. So if you choose your house, in edit-town, you should see a buttom called "save to library" or something like that.

About your savefile...the only realistic option I'm seeing is to look if you have a backup of that save. Look into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves and see if you have a folder there with the name...

(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup

Do you have such a folder ?

Sorry for the late reply. I tried a new game and created a new house too. So far, No problem with this new saved game.
I think I've made 3 houses without saving it to the library  Shocked 
(after I made the house > I went back to "edit town" > "return to game" > and save any changes.
And the game goes perfectly fine (Thanks God!)

I'm really sorry for the trouble   Embarassed
Thank you very much Carlos.  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Jun 2014, 23:44

Neldoreth wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. I tried a new game and created a new house too. So far, No problem with this new saved game.
I think I've made 3 houses without saving it to the library  Shocked 
(after I made the house > I went back to "edit town" > "return to game" > and save any changes.
And the game goes perfectly fine (Thanks God!)

I'm really sorry for the trouble   Embarassed
Thank you very much Carlos.  I love you

Alright then. Smile  Can I help you with anything else ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 09:24

Carlos wrote:
Alright then. Smile  Can I help you with anything else ?

Nope, don't worry  cheers
everything works fine  Wink

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to post on here, whenever you like. Very Happy 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top