Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED] Empty Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 14:24

Hi,

I've been having issues with red neighbourhoods and flashing buildings lately. It has only been happening with worlds I got from mysimsrealty that had updated versions and the older versions were red. And Hidden Springs is also red, when it used to work fine. I read that flashing red buildings could be related to the shaders_win32.precomp file and that it could be replaced by the original file from the dvd. The first thing I noticed, before replacing it, was that the file I had in my Bin folder, was newer and bigger than the original. It said it was made in January this year. Anyway, I replaced it without backing up (yes, karma is a ***) and now my game won't load. It gets stuck at the black screen and when I return to desktop I get an error message and then the message that the sims has stopped working. I figured it couldn't hurt to replace it, since it was the original.

Do I have to reinstall everything now?

Back to top Go down

Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:35

LifeJunkie wrote:Hi,

I've been having issues with red neighbourhoods and flashing buildings lately. It has only been happening with worlds I got from mysimsrealty that had updated versions and the older versions were red. And Hidden Springs is also red, when it used to work fine. I read that flashing red buildings could be related to the shaders_win32.precomp file and that it could be replaced by the original file from the dvd. The first thing I noticed, before replacing it, was that the file I had in my Bin folder, was newer and bigger than the original. It said it was made in January this year. Anyway, I replaced it without backing up (yes, karma is a ***) and now my game won't load. It gets stuck at the black screen and when I return to desktop I get an error message and then the message that the sims has stopped working. I figured it couldn't hurt to replace it, since it was the original.

Do I have to reinstall everything now?

Hello,

Can you for now just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Next, are your graphics card drivers up-to-date ? If not, do you know how to update them ? 

P.S. generally you should not take any old files from the original DVD when your game is updated to 1.67 patch level...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Replaced shaders_win32.precomp file, now game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 18:49

Hi, thanks for your reply. It actually makes a lot of sense not to use unpatched files Facepalm Rolling Eyes . Oh well, lesson learned. I actually didn't have internet access for the past day, so I just read your reply. I have reinstalled my game in the meantime. Which wasn't such a pain and as time consuming as I expected. I figured it couldn't hurt, because it had been installed since the base game came out and having it all fresh again would be nice. 

To answer your question: yes, my graphics card driver is up to date. Every likely cause of the red/black neighbourhood was not the case for my game. My drivers are up to date and my graphics card is more than sufficient. I replaced my resource.cfg to make sure it wasn't corrupt. And there were no corrupt save games or mods messing anything up. I think my game just really needed to be reinstalled. Everything works great now.

Thanks again. cheers

Mod edit: good to hear that ! If you have more questions, feel free to open a new topic. This here is closed now. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top