Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Empty Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:05

Hello! 
I have been trying to update my sims 3 to version 1.67 but i got several kind of errors.
I tried updating using the manual patch that i downloaded from here and the automatic update from the sims 3 game launcher.

Sometimes I get this error:

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Kakaka10 
image attatched

and sometimes  this:

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Kakak13
image attached 2

I can still play the game tho but it crashes midgame "The Sims 3 has stopped working".
I am sure its not the computer's capacity problem cause I still have more than half of the space available. 
Please help me. Thank you so so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jun 2014, 08:57

anamoxley wrote:Hello! 
I have been trying to update my sims 3 to version 1.67 but i got several kind of errors.
I tried updating using the manual patch that i downloaded from here and the automatic update from the sims 3 game launcher.

Sometimes I get this error:

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Kakaka10 
image attatched

and sometimes  this:

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Kakak13
image attached 2

I can still play the game tho but it crashes midgame "The Sims 3 has stopped working".
I am sure its not the computer's capacity problem cause I still have more than half of the space available. 
Please help me. Thank you so so much Smile

//MOVED

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

The pictures are a bit small; can you re-upload bigger pictures or describe in words what error(s) you are getting ?

In either case, try updating with the big "manual patch", instead with the launcher (see step #2 of the guide here):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you get an error, try re-downloading it with a different internet browser; and if you are running Windows Vista, 7 or 8, right-click on the manual patch and select "run as Administrator". Good luck ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jun 2014, 13:26

Hello! Thank you for replying Smile

I am downloading the manual patch right now and hopefully it'll work.
As for the images, I uploaded it on an image hosting website and you'll be able to see a bigger version if you click on "image attached" and "image attached 2" under the small photos.

UPDATE: I downloaded the manual patch (1.62GB) and as soon as i clicked on it, the installshield wizard starts to run but after the blue bar fills up it says "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate".

However when i run as administrator, I get a different error.

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Cats11
(click to enlarge)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Jun 2014, 00:38

anamoxley wrote:Hello! Thank you for replying Smile

I am downloading the manual patch right now and hopefully it'll work.
As for the images, I uploaded it on an image hosting website and you'll be able to see a bigger version if you click on "image attached" and "image attached 2" under the small photos.

UPDATE: I downloaded the manual patch (1.62GB) and as soon as i clicked on it, the installshield wizard starts to run but after the blue bar fills up it says "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate".

However when i run as administrator, I get a different error.

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Cats11
(click to enlarge)

OK, can you un-install your base game, re-boot the computer afterwards (!) and then re-install the base game ? While I'm at it, where did you actually get the base game from ? 

As soon as you got the base game re-installed, try re-running that manual patch, even with "Adminisrator"-status if you like. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 10:29

I just uninstalled the base game and I am currently redownloading it as I couldnt find the installation from before. I downloaded mine from  Censored  if not wrong, but I downloaded my island paradise expansion and into the future from this website.

Also, the base game that I am downloading now is the one from this website. Hopefully it'll work! 

Thank you and I'll update you after reinstalling. Very Happy

UPDATE: Hello again Smile
I installed the base game already and i tried playing it and it works just fine. However, when I tried to use the patch update I got an error Sad  

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Error10

Also, I need to reinstall all my expansion packs as well right?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:06

anamoxley wrote:I just uninstalled the base game and I am currently redownloading it as I couldnt find the installation from before. I downloaded mine from  Censored  if not wrong, but I downloaded my island paradise expansion and into the future from this website.

Also, the base game that I am downloading now is the one from this website. Hopefully it'll work! 

Thank you and I'll update you after reinstalling. Very Happy

UPDATE: Hello again Smile
I installed the base game already and i tried playing it and it works just fine. However, when I tried to use the patch update I got an error Sad  

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Error10

Also, I need to reinstall all my expansion packs as well right?

I don't know this uploader you got your games from, but it looks to me like it's a "modified" release, meaning that "normal" updates and cracks don't work with these games. I'd now suggest you un-install ALL of those games by the uploader "SilentR", and then re-boot the computer.

After that, re-download ALL your games from here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Keep in mind this thread here too, for re-installing the games:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !

P.S. I censored your Piratebay link, because things like that are not allowed here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 18:02

I've uninstalled all my Sims from that uploader and I tried to install the Sims 3 base game that I downloaded from here. It works however the downloaded patch update gives me an error. Sad

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Error12

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Jul 2014, 18:15

anamoxley wrote:I've uninstalled all my Sims from that uploader and I tried to install the Sims 3 base game that I downloaded from here. It works however the downloaded patch update gives me an error. Sad

Error updating to 1.67 [SOLVED] Error12

It's basically the same what I said above already: try re-downloading again, maybe with another internet browser. And do not pause/interrupt the download. 

Next, how stable is your internet connection ? Keep in mind that if your internet connection tends to "disconnect" randomnly, then this will also corrupt your download, no matter what. So if your connection isn't so stable and you know somebody else witha  better connection, you may ask that person to download it for you.

Other than that, I'm afraid I can only suggest you keep trying....
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 06:05

Hello! Very Happy
I finally got it to work! I think it was a problem with my laptop as it finally worked after i reformatted it. Everything went smoothly.

Thank you so much for all your help! <3

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new thread whenever you like, if you have another issue. Until then, have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top