Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED] Empty Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 22:18

So I followed all the steps that you mentioned. I installed the base game then my expansion packs and lastly generations, then when i wanted to install the Seasons EP it asked me to update the game, so I did as stated in your main instructions page and started updating the game using the downloaded manual updated. When it finished updating I got this message (Error number 0×80040702 Failed to load DLL:DSETUP ..) 
And then it canceled everything !! Facepalm 

WHat did went wrong ?! I tried this twice and i always come to the same result. Sad 

PLEASE I need help, This forum has been so helpful to me since i started playing the game and i got really frustrated now. Help 
Many ThaNKS In ADVAnCE 

Last edited by telo90 on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 00:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Mar 2014, 17:15

telo90 wrote:So I followed all the steps that you mentioned. I installed the base game then my expansion packs and lastly generations, then when i wanted to install the Seasons EP it asked me to update the game, so I did as stated in your main instructions page and started updating the game using the downloaded manual updated. When it finished updating I got this message (Error number 0×80040702 Failed to load DLL:DSETUP ..) 
And then it canceled everything !! Facepalm 

WHat did went wrong ?! I tried this twice and i always come to the same result. Sad 

PLEASE I need help, This forum has been so helpful to me since i started playing the game and i got really frustrated now. Help 
Many ThaNKS In ADVAnCE 

Hello,

Have you tried right-clicking on the manual patch, and choosing "run as Administrator" ? That's what you could try if you have Windows Vista or a later OS.

If it doesn't work, try re-downloading the manual patch, with a different internet browser this time. And then again, right-click and choose "runa s Administrator".

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error number 0×80040702 while updating to version 1.67 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2014, 23:13

Oh thank u i would def try that.
But a question, could it have anything to do with the base game ? i mean i didnot use the version of base game from Games4theworld. i instead had it downloaded from another source

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 00:31

It worked, thank you so much Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top