Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit? Empty How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jun 2014, 17:08

my question is how to install old game , maybe in 16 bit version,in 64 bit windows 7?

I tried to use compatibiliity settings,but none help.

I try virtual box but dont have any windows 98 or windows xp copy

help me please.this is I get better screenshoot about the problem

//EDIT

How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit? 110

Last edited by adsuperjenius on Fri 20 Jun 2014, 17:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit? Empty Re: How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jun 2014, 04:00

Hello,

How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit? Screen15

The best suggestion I can give for now is that you try the settings as shown in my screenshot, on the .exe with which you start the game. Click on "apply" and then on "OK" after choosing these settings. Start the game and see if anything improved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit? Empty Re: How to fix color problem for windows 64 bit?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2014, 04:48

I had tried that

1.i just change operating system to xp or win 98,not work
2.I try to rn in 256 colour and 640 desktop resolution still not work
3.then I disable visual themes and deskto compilation, at this stage, the game keep blinking

I do 1, then 1 and 2 then all three when trying

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jun 2014, 05:21

adsuperjenius wrote:I had tried that

1.i just change operating system to xp or win 98,not work
2.I try to rn in 256 colour and 640 desktop resolution still not work
3.then I disable visual themes and deskto compilation, at this stage, the game keep blinking

I do 1, then 1 and 2 then all three when trying

I'll leave the topic open, in case someone else has a better idea, but it's like I said (?) in one of your earlier topics: if you can't get these old games working, then you might have to accept that they don't work on a more modern operating system.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2014, 07:09

okay.but how could I get old operating system then?I thinking about virtual computer

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Jun 2014, 02:29

adsuperjenius wrote:okay.but how could I get old operating system then?I thinking about virtual computer

Yes, I guess that a virtual machine would be the best thing you can try, though I can't give any warranties on that. Also you need to get hold of a Windows 95/98 disc image (can't help too much with that either, since I only tested Mac OS X on a virtual machine, once, for which I have a .dmg image).

Installing old Windows versions on modern computers probably won't work, because of motherboard, CPU and/or RAM issues. For example, you probably won't find drivers that will work for your (modern) mouse, keyboard, etc., in a Windows 95/98 system. And the OS might not even run on modern CPUs...

Or you try and get hold of an old desktop computer, that still has Windows 95/98 on it.

The Sims Plumbob 1 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 14:46

I have windows xp cd,original but last time I use for windows repair,some file are missing

so my question
1.since this already installed at 1 computer,could I install on another place?
2.do the cd is broken already?

if you ask,why dont i play at that computer, the answer is because the windows is broken since last failed windows repair (I skip all not found files ) so not much I can do with this computer
I cannot reinstall it since there is important program there cannot deleted,and dont have CD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Jun 2014, 00:03

adsuperjenius wrote:I have windows xp cd,original but last time I use for windows repair,some file are missing

so my question
1.since this already installed at 1 computer,could I install on another place?
2.do the cd is broken already?

if you ask,why dont i play at that computer, the answer is because the windows is broken since last failed windows repair (I skip all not found files ) so not much I can do with this computer
I cannot reinstall it since there is important program there cannot deleted,and dont have CD

This is off-topic, actually. Wink  But yes, you should be able to install Windows XP on another computer, if you have the CD. 

I'll leave the topic open in case someone else has a better idea about your original problem, about this old game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top