Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3Launcher stopped working... again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3Launcher stopped working... again Empty Sims3Launcher stopped working... again

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 02:00

Hi! I read your instructions for a couple of times and i really dont know what could be the problem. I installed the Sims 3 and its expansions first without the instrucions and of course it didnt work. Then i found it and i installed the sims 3 base game and some other expansions. It worked. Then i downloaded the Into the Future. It started just right and worked but after I closed the game and opened it again I got the message: Sims3Launcher stopped working. I was confused so i tried to launch it again but of course still nothing. I uninstalled it comlpetly (deleted every folder connected to it) and re-installed it but still doesnt work. 
 What is strange is that i installed it the same way like i did in my PC to one of my friends and her game is working flawlessly. QQ 
 I uninstalled and reinstalled again aaand still nothing. Sad If i try to start the game by clicking on the TS3W.exe i got the message about some  d3dx9_31.dll  file that's missing from my computer. It also says that i should reinstall the program and it may work. But of course its not working.
 Can you help me? As i know in my system32 map i!ve got the dll file.
 Sims3Launcher stopped working... again System11

When i start the TS3W file:
Sims3Launcher stopped working... again Ts3w_e10

And when i start the Launcher:

Sims3Launcher stopped working... again Sims3l10

If anyone else met with this problem and you could solve it can you send the topic to me? 

I really really thank you for everything (and i guess my friend to who can play it so well QQ lucky bastard Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Sims3Launcher stopped working... again Empty Re: Sims3Launcher stopped working... again

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jun 2014, 03:18

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

What I always say is this: if you're not sure about what you're doing, you should never un-install anything from your computer. Most likely, you made things worse by blindly un-installing. 

The best thing I can suggest for now is that you just un-install the base game only, and then RE-BOOT the computer. After that, re-install the base game and re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Try re-starting the game then. Keep us posted ! Smile

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:32; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims3Launcher stopped working... again Empty Re: Sims3Launcher stopped working... again

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 19:07

Thank you for the answer but as it turned out the problem was my AntiSmartDefenser. It found my dll. file a trojan virus and put it into caranteen. -.- it did it again and again after re-installing the game every time. So i just had to disable it and the game is works perfectly Very Happy Since then i installed it to my 2 other friends using your instructions and the game works well for them too ^^ Awesome Emote 

So thanks and sorry for the panic >.<"  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:53

Hajmalka wrote:Thank you for the answer but as it turned out the problem was my AntiSmartDefenser. It found my dll. file a trojan virus and put it into caranteen. -.- it did it again and again after re-installing the game every time. So i just had to disable it and the game is works perfectly Very Happy Since then i installed it to my 2 other friends using your instructions and the game works well for them too ^^ Awesome Emote 

So thanks and sorry for the panic >.<"  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Sounds interesting. Smile  You can/should even add the program folders of The Sims 3 to the "exceptions" of your anti-virus software, to avoid that more files will be quarantined, in the future.

Do you have any other questions ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 21:04

Uhh well while we are at it and i can ask Very Happy Will it be a problem if i install another expansion after i cracked the game fully and i played with it? Or i should have done it before the "final" cracking.  Question I just cant decide (anyway i already downloaded the stuffs i want to install but i really hope i dont have to start it again >x<)

Oh and about the AntiSmartDefenser. It didnt find the virus in The Sims 3 folder it found it in the system32 and only after i installed the sims3. So i dont know what could have happened. It wasnt a trojan before I installed the game or it just find it after... @.@

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:35

Hajmalka wrote:Uhh well while we are at it and i can ask Very Happy Will it be a problem if i install another expansion after i cracked the game fully and i played with it? Or i should have done it before the "final" cracking.  Question I just cant decide (anyway i already downloaded the stuffs i want to install but i really hope i dont have to start it again >x<)

Oh and about the AntiSmartDefenser. It didnt find the virus in The Sims 3 folder it found it in the system32 and only after i installed the sims3. So i dont know what could have happened. It wasnt a trojan before I installed the game or it just find it after... @.@

You can install any expansion you want after that, but make sure that you repeat the steps from #2 to #4 here, at the end:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

About the virus...if you got (all) your Sims 3 games from Games4TheWorld, then there is no virus. Wink  Also, the fact that you "found the virus after installing the Sims 3" doesn't have to mean anything...it could have been there way before you installed the games. Or you might have gotten the virus from another source.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top