Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Couple Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Couple Questions Empty A Couple Questions

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 20:45

Thank you guys so much for these downloads, first off. I have a few questions regarding The Sims 3's iso files and installing expansions.

The original Sims 3 download rar has a StartDisk iso and a Disk 1 iso. I unmounted the StartDisk after installing the game a week or so ago, so I assume I don't need it. However, do I still need the Disk 1 iso to stay mounted? It's a very large file and I'd like to delete it, but I'm afraid to unmount it or delete it.

I installed a few expansion packs and stuff packs when I originally found this site, and I decided I wanted a few more today. I specifically chose Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff. Because of the above problem, I can only really have one expansion/stuff extracted folder at once (I do delete the rar after I extract it). I opened up the installation guide for Ambitions, and it says "(Be sure you Install in this order: The Sims 3, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions)". I installed World Adventures from my own retail disk when I started with the files from Games4TheWorld, along side a few others, and I hadn't seen any other expansion/stuff pack telling me to install in any specific order. Is this still something I should do, or is it fine to install Ambitions, then install High End Loft Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff?

Back to top Go down

A Couple Questions Empty Re: A Couple Questions

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jun 2014, 03:36

Chinchilla wrote:Thank you guys so much for these downloads, first off. I have a few questions regarding The Sims 3's iso files and installing expansions.

The original Sims 3 download rar has a StartDisk iso and a Disk 1 iso. I unmounted the StartDisk after installing the game a week or so ago, so I assume I don't need it. However, do I still need the Disk 1 iso to stay mounted? It's a very large file and I'd like to delete it, but I'm afraid to unmount it or delete it.

I installed a few expansion packs and stuff packs when I originally found this site, and I decided I wanted a few more today. I specifically chose Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff. Because of the above problem, I can only really have one expansion/stuff extracted folder at once (I do delete the rar after I extract it). I opened up the installation guide for Ambitions, and it says "(Be sure you Install in this order: The Sims 3, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions)". I installed World Adventures from my own retail disk when I started with the files from Games4TheWorld, along side a few others, and I hadn't seen any other expansion/stuff pack telling me to install in any specific order. Is this still something I should do, or is it fine to install Ambitions, then install High End Loft Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff?

Hello,

First of all the base game is in .ISO format, and the expansions are in .RAR format, so they are not connected in this respect. You can safely "unmount" the .ISO files after you are done with installing, just make sure that you actually back up these files in a safe place, so that you still have them when you have to re-install at a later point.

Next, the instructions inside the expansions are outdated. There is no specific order in which to install expansions. Just make sure that you upate your game to the latest version with the "manual patch":

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch

Then you can install all the expansions you want. After that, re-apply the patch, and then do the steps #3 and #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

That should do - good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top