Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couple questions Empty Couple questions

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 06:29

So I just started another file back up again, its been a while since I did so its been a bit jarring reacquainting myself with the game. I have a few questions hoping you guys can answer.

1. My sim keeps getting boos and thumbs down from other sims. I will walk into a room and get that from a ton of people so it must be related to him. Though I think his wife gets it too. Also his wife constantly holds her nose and shakes her head "no" with a picture of him as a bubble above her head. I dont know why this is. Its not needs related, and I doubt its moodlets either, most of the time they are happy. Maybe traits?

My dude has: loner, good sense of humour, excitable, friendly, couch potato
The Wife has: ambitious, loves outdoors, flirt, commitment issues, party animal

I did used to have the passive moodlet that was "faithful" but since the wife got hit on by some guy thats been gone. If its related to a scarlett letter type reputation loss is there any way to restore? Its annoying getting all these yells.
===================================================================================================================
2. So in the University life EP you have roommates. I joined a dorm when I returned for another term and found that some people in the picture when youre about to select a dorm were not included in the building. I later see one of those missing people in the campus, BUT in the relation tab it doesnt show the icon denoting them as students. This particular person had been a student before, when I had taken a 2 week term. So my question is are the students in the dorm/uni world replaced by newly generated ones? Because if say, every student in each of the dorms dies itll just be the sims I take to college that inhabit the place...not very fun. I could create a sim household myself each time, but that seems like a hassle. So im hoping they are just replaced by the AI. I am also wondering if this applies to sims that leave the university world because you marry them into your main world(sunset valley). Would they be replaced automatically as well is what im asking.

The first scenario I mentioned at the start of this question gives me a bit of hope that there is some type of seed regeneration....It would be odd if the sim my character went to school alongside is now the same age when the son of my original character is now at the same school. Hoping theres an answer for that...lol.
===================================================================================================================
3. Can someone explain to me how roommates and properties work? It seems to me there are separate systems.... I would like to buy a second property and rent that one out for money would that be possible? My last save file months ago seemed to be bugged when I added roommates through the phone and Im hoping to avoid something like that again. In fact the problem seemed to arise when I morphed a home lot into an apartment lot in Sunset valley. Is this type of editing now recommended? I got the glitch where you couldnt cancel the roommate because the option wasnt in the phone, so you got a new one each morning. have twallans mod now, and maybe story progressions "make active" would figure in here somehow??

4. would you say sims 4 is better than 3 now? I love sims 3, havent had this much fun since I first played the Gamecube and Ps2 versions ages ago. And those were nothing compared to what the pc offers. I was among the many who were disappointed by what MAXIS/EA did to the series. Nickel and diming, by skimping out on features, and overall being far less ambitious.

Also....hows the modding scene for it? Has a new Twaillan arisen?

Back to top Go down

Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 May 2016, 21:05

Hello,

I've moved your topic to another section.
Let's see... 

I do think your sim could be getting "boo's" because of faithful/unfaithful. You can use MasterController to have a look at hidden traits that might be causing this. 

I'm not sure what could be causing the roomates issue, maybe it's a setting in the StoryProgression mod you're using? I'm using the exact same mod, but this is not familiar to me. Storyprogression could also keep it real where roommates and new generations are concerned, but I'm not sure about that one. 

I'm not sure you could buy and rent out another place, though it is very reasonable to suggest that you could do this with a mod as well. 

Personally, I'm still playing TS3 when I play Sims at all. TS4 is going to have to come up with more interesting EP's if they're going to grab my attention. Definitely Pets and Seasons.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 03:07

do you know the path to checking using master controller? Thats gotta be it, the unfaithful trait....its gotta be...

When I had the roommate problem i never used mods. I remember editing a lot that used to be empty and making it into an apartment building. Not sure if the constant roommate barrage bug is a negative effect for making apartments outside of university....

I also hope story progression can do something about aging the sims I grew up with and moving them out of uni by the time my son/daughters head on up. Since they are usually in stasis by design my expectations are low....though im hoping Nraas SP made an exception to the stasis rule for the students. I definitely wont expect that from EAs SP

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 May 2016, 11:18

Let me think... On your sim, it's Nraas>MasterController>Advanced>Traits>Change. You'll need the MasterController/cheats module for this.

The Uni sims could be the same as the WA sims, just hanging out for eternity Laughing It seems like it could be possible to have them progress with Traveler, not sure though, I can't say that I've tried it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 17:43

Ohhhh gotcha Ill have to download that module then. In fact i think ill get a couple more and install some more EPs from the collection download while Im at it. One last thing on that... do you happen to know how would I go about removing content in case I dont like? For both Mods and Expansions is it as simple as deleting Package files from the mods folder? What about if I want to get rid of say, Pets Expansion?

I just came from modding skyrim and that was a bit difficult lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 May 2016, 20:18

You should be able to remove mods without consequence, and stuffpacks should be OK to uninstall. But if you're uninstalling an expansionpack, there's a good chance your savegames no longer work. Expansion/stuffpacks are uninstalled by running an uninstaller of course. Whatever you do, make a back-up of your save games at all times before trying something new. You would lose all your progress if you decided to uninstall an EP, or removing a mod goes wrong.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2016, 20:34

Yeah i got a three save files backed up on their own directory...and for some reason the saves make an automatic backup save on the default directory too lol. But damn thats disappointing to hear about the expansion causing possible corruption. Thats what happens with skyrim when you remove mods so i gotta be wary of what I install then. I have no interest in magic/unrealistic creatures for instance but I wanted to check out the new clothing/interactions available in the Supernatural EP. I know theres an option to disable these creatures, I sure hope nothing slips through the cracks though. Thanks for passing some info along man

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 May 2016, 20:39

You can turn all Supernaturals off, except for Zombies. Well, you can, but only if you disable the lunar cycle. 
I have installed all the EP's and SP's myself, not that I use all of them to their fullest, but yes, it's great to have extra clothing and furniture options Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 03:05

So I used the clean slate reward to hopefully deal with other sims reacting negatively to me and it is still happening. Any idea what it could be then? Heres a screenshot

Couple questions Jmzvpi

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 May 2016, 10:35

No luck with the MasterController function? Check both sims.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 16:49

So i went to the traits change under master controller for the female sim and I saw only 5 traits that I posted above as labeled "has" along with univ rebel and nerd. There were a ton of traits that had an "H" including some from dlc i havent installed yet from world adventures and other dlc. But yeah I didnt see anything else labeled "has". Same thing for my own character. No cheater trait

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top