Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1: Load Game Crash Windows 8.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1: Load Game Crash Windows 8.1 Empty Rollercoaster Tycoon 1: Load Game Crash Windows 8.1

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 00:51

First of all, thank you to Games4theWorld for the RCT download! 

The problem is anytime I try and load a saved game, the whole program crashes.  On my Vista I could "trick" it by first starting a new game, saving it and then loading the game I wanted, but this trick doesn't work on my new Windows 8.1. Instead, the program just crashes, and I can't find any clear information.

Can someone direct me to a patch or shed some light on the situation? 

Thanks!

:newfag:

Back to top Go down

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1: Load Game Crash Windows 8.1 Empty Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1: Load Game Crash Windows 8.1

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:32

notemma wrote:First of all, thank you to Games4theWorld for the RCT download! 

The problem is anytime I try and load a saved game, the whole program crashes.  On my Vista I could "trick" it by first starting a new game, saving it and then loading the game I wanted, but this trick doesn't work on my new Windows 8.1. Instead, the program just crashes, and I can't find any clear information.

Can someone direct me to a patch or shed some light on the situation? 

Thanks!

:newfag:

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 (Ultimate) and I made a savefile in that game. I exited the game, and loaded the save then, with absolutely no problems. My explanation is that Windows 8 sometimes seems to have issues with older games. For now, can you try going to the install location of your game, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Hasbro interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon and then right-click on the RCT.exe ? Go to "Properties", and then go to the "Compatibility"-tab. 

Under "run this program in compatibility-mode", choose Windows XP (any version of Win XP). Also, mark the box "run this program as Administrator". Confirm the options with "Apply" and then with "OK". See if that helped anything. If not, can you try making another savegame and see if the same issue occurs ?

Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top