Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game Empty Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2019, 17:48

Hi! I downloaded only the base game, and followed the instructions correctly.

• open "Setup.exe" and follow on-screen instructions
  • wait for it to install
  • don't register the game when the "Hasbro Interactive Registration" pops up
  • open "# Crack" and copy "rct.exe" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon\

some things to note:

• when i copied the "rct.exe" file to the folder it didn't prompt me to replace anything, it simply copied everything over
  • before I could start the game Windows 10 said that I needed to install something else for the game to work, don't remember what it's called unfortunately

okay, so. I can start the game and everything but when it gets to the main screen with the options to start a new game, load a previous game, and exit. I selected new game since this is my first time downloading it. however, it doesn't do anything, it just stays in the main menu. did I miss something? do I need more somethings? please help  Why.

Back to top Go down

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game Empty Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jul 2019, 00:46

Welcome to the Forum!!

Try this at first:

Go under Control Panel => Programs => Programs and Features => Turn Windows Features on or off. Then tick the box that says "Legacy Components".

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game P5B6jXx

Click on "OK", then. It might take a little for the changes to be saved, maybe you also have to re-boot the computer. But then try the game again. Good luck and keep us posted if you like!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game Empty Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 - Can't start a new game

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2019, 05:07

when I tried to start the game, windows said I need to download Direct Play, after choosing to skip the installation it gave me the error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)"

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jul 2019, 14:58

When it prompts you to install/download the "Direct Play" can you try confirming it, and then try the game again?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top