Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f Empty Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 03:07

I was playing The Sims 3 with Town Life Stuff just fine, sometimes it would crash, but at least it worked  Rolling Eyes 

I downloaded the Generations, Seasons, and Pets expansion pack, but when i came to installing pets, I got a message from the Sims 3 installer that there was not enough disk space, so I only have Town Life Stuff, Generations, and Seasons. When I tried to play the game, I got the message: Service initialization failed 0x024e424f.

I already tried steps #2-4 again. Twice actually, and i'm 87% sure I did it right. The crack folder in the ultimate fix is the ONLY crack folder that matters right? Because I didn't add the crack folders from the expansion packs or the other folders in the ultimate fix...

Also... my game will not play when I am logged on to my (administrator) account on my computer, It only works when I log on to guest and it took me a while to figure that out because I would never expect that, but I always download the files on my account. I've read the other posts about this message and none have seemed to work. I have a windows xp computer.

Help

Back to top Go down

Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f Empty Re: Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Jul 2014, 23:01

Carinna wrote:I was playing The Sims 3 with Town Life Stuff just fine, sometimes it would crash, but at least it worked  Rolling Eyes 

I downloaded the Generations, Seasons, and Pets expansion pack, but when i came to installing pets, I got a message from the Sims 3 installer that there was not enough disk space, so I only have Town Life Stuff, Generations, and Seasons. When I tried to play the game, I got the message: Service initialization failed 0x024e424f.

I already tried steps #2-4 again. Twice actually, and i'm 87% sure I did it right. The crack folder in the ultimate fix is the ONLY crack folder that matters right? Because I didn't add the crack folders from the expansion packs or the other folders in the ultimate fix...

Also... my game will not play when I am logged on to my (administrator) account on my computer, It only works when I log on to guest and it took me a while to figure that out because I would never expect that, but I always download the files on my account. I've read the other posts about this message and none have seemed to work. I have a windows xp computer.

Help

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you say you really did the steps from #2 to #4 already, then I'm unsure. Did you actually REPLACE the original files in the base game location too, when you pasted the #crack files from the Ultimate fix ? ALWAYS make sure to choose "copy and replace" for all files.

Also, do you have any mods installed ?

Next, where did you get the base game from ? 

Do keep me posted. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f Empty Re: Service Initialization Failed 0x024e424f

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 07:33

Okay. I copied and replaced the files from the base game folder into program files/ electronic arts/ sims 3/ game/ bin and now my game says "please enter the sims 3 seasons disk."

I don't have any mods, and i got all my games from games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:23

Carinna wrote:Okay. I copied and replaced the files from the base game folder into program files/ electronic arts/ sims 3/ game/ bin and now my game says "please enter the sims 3 seasons disk."

I don't have any mods, and i got all my games from games4theworld.org/downloads.html

You probably copied and pasted the wrong files. Did you apply the latest manual patch (step #2) ? If yes, tehn look inside the Ultimate fix .RAR. You should see a folder named #crack. Inside that #crack-folder, there are two files: TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll. You copy them both. And you paste them into your base game location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

And you need to replace ALL of the original files there, by choosing "copy and replace" for all files.

Then you can re-start the game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Aug 2014, 02:26

I already did that and I got the same message.
I copied and pasted the files from the base game folder in the ultimate fix after I had moved the files in the crack folder. Now I moved and replaced the crack files, and it says the service initialization failed 0x024e424f

pale

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Aug 2014, 03:37

Carinna wrote:I already did that and I got the same message.
I copied and pasted the files from the base game folder in the ultimate fix after I had moved the files in the crack folder. Now I moved and replaced the crack files, and it says the service initialization failed 0x024e424f

pale

Have you already heard from "TeamViewer" ? Smile  Get it here:

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

It is a software with which I can temporarily "take control" of your computer, by controlling your mouse and keyboard. You can END the connection at any time you want, by simply moving the mouse yourself, and even closing the TeamViewer window. So there's no need to feel afraid of anything in "TeamViewer".

We use TeamViewer in some cases to assist users with their problems, if they can't fix them on their own. If you run that program (in the link I just posted), you will get a TeamViewer ID and password. Please check back here sometime this weekend, and see if I am on the "chatbox" on the forum's main page. Get in touch with me, on that chatbox, and then we'll see further.

If you do not want the TeamViewer-thing, then you have to try on your own, though. If you want, I can have a look at that myself, and see what might be wrong.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top