Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oops- I messed up big time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oops- I messed up big time Empty Oops- I messed up big time

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 00:23

Yeah, I kinda screwed myself here. I installed the base game via origin but all my expansions are from here. So the directory for me to install the cracks are different. However, I was super stupid and even though I've updated my games like a million times, this time I unpacked the ultimite fix crack folders (basegame and the generations+) to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. No flippin' clue why I did that. I did re-unpack them to the correct folder (C/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin) like I should have, but it still won't play. I get the unofficial mod error and the no CD error.

I already saved the backups for my game, but is there a way to fix this problem without re-installing? I think if I just get the original copies of the file that I overwrote, the game should work again. I think the file that I need is Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/TS3.exe. I deleted the TSLHost.dll from that folder because I don't think it was in there originally??

Thank you very much and any help would be greatly appreciated! And my apologizes if this question was asked already. I did try to search around for a while before bugging you guys!

Back to top Go down

Oops- I messed up big time Empty Re: Oops- I messed up big time

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 15:31

First off, you are not super stupid.
My base game and some of my expansions are from Origin.
And the rest are from here.
You just have to learn how to maneuver around your folders a bit. Its doable.
Annoying though..
I just wanted to write that before i went over your issue and tried to help you.

//EDIT

Hi. By the sounds of it, there has been way too much switching around of files and packing and repacking going on that you and your game is confused. Its ok. It happens.

Those errors only occur when steps 2-4 of *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. were done incorrectly. 
Eventhough you know, lets just be clear:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 : Base Game 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts : Everything Else

After you are done, do this again. Just to be sure. 
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix! (Should fix most of your problems)

The exe. file is also the shortcut that is used to bring up the launcher. If you didnt have the exe. file, you wouldnt be able to bring up the game at all.

And you said you deleted a file? TSLHost.dll. Im going to see what that will do regarding your game. You shouldn't delete things unless you know it isnt going to mess with your game. there are files that it is ok to delete..sometimes even encouraged.
...Regarding the deleted file, You should make a new posting about it and hopefully someone can help you with it. I only found that updating your game is the only way that you can get that file back.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top