Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have i messed my game up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

have i messed my game up? Empty have i messed my game up?

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 16:46

i downloaded ambitions today and applied your fix...in the exact way the guide says..i applied the fix to 70,80s,90s/diesel/town life/late night last night all worked perfectly

but now my game wont load since i installed ambitions...do i need to reinstall the whole game & all the packs now? re-do everything??

also in the installation guide for ambitions the first step is to download your copy of sims 3, but i have the original copy on disc, is this the reason it wont work??

//EDIT

ive just noticed the launcher doesnt recognize any of my expansions except ambitions
what did i do? lol

Back to top Go down

have i messed my game up? Empty Re: have i messed my game up?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 May 2013, 16:58

ROONEY10 wrote:i downloaded ambitions today and applied your fix...in the exact way the guide says..i applied the fix to 70,80s,90s/diesel/town life/late night last night all worked perfectly

but now my game wont load since i installed ambitions...do i need to reinstall the whole game & all the packs now? re-do everything??

also in the installation guide for ambitions the first step is to download your copy of sims 3, but i have the original copy on disc, is this the reason it wont work??

//EDIT

ive just noticed the launcher doesnt recognize any of my expansions except ambitions
what did i do? lol

Hello there,

If you don't have the big "manual patch" (anymore), then
re-download and re-apply it. I also have to ask you this: did you really apply the "Ultimate fix" correctly?
After applying the Ultimate fix, restart the computer, then start the game.

Good luck
Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 17:04

As far as I know i did everything the guide tells you to do!

also ive never downloaded the manual patch?

what should i do? just re-install the fixes & install the manual patch or start from the beginning & re-download the whole lot??

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 May 2013, 17:10

ROONEY10 wrote:As far as I know i did everything the guide tells you to do!

what should i do? just re-install the fixes & install the manual patch or start from the beginning & re-download the whole lot??

Re-download and re-apply the "manual patch" first. Then re-apply the Ultimate fix; by the way, lots of people underestimate the installation of that Ultimate fix (that even happened to me once). If expansion symbols in your launcher are greyed out although you installed them, this usually means that the fix wasn't applied correctly. Un-installing everything is not necessary (at least not at this point).

Do this and see if it works. If not, then we will discuss other possible solutions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 17:30

TS3EP02_4.10.1.011031_Update_exe is the problem i think

manual update is downloading right now, only 46mins left! chrome is slow have i messed my game up? 2279017149

//EDIT

Carlos G. wrote:
ROONEY10 wrote:As far as I know i did everything the guide tells you to do!

what
should i do? just re-install the fixes & install the manual patch
or start from the beginning & re-download the whole lot??

Re-download and re-apply the "manual patch" first. Then re-apply the Ultimate fix; by the way, lots of people underestimate the installation of that Ultimate fix (that
even happened to me once). If expansion symbols in your launcher are
greyed out although you installed them, this usually means that the fix
wasn't applied correctly. Un-installing everything is not necessary (at
least not at this point).

Do this and see if it works. If not, then we will discuss other possible solutions.

your suggestion made it work, cant thank you enough!

i
have town life, late night, 70s80s90s, diesel, fast lane, ambitions
& master suite all installed & working (the first 2 are legit
origin dl's)

i plan to download & install all the remaining EPs/SPs over this weekend...
can you tell me which order (if any) and what i need to do to make the remaining packs i download work??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 03 May 2013, 19:57

Hello,

There's no specific order for the expansion packs. Just to be sure, re-apply the manual patch after installing all the expansion packs you like.
After applying the manual patch, re-do step 3 and 4 and you're good to go: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck!
We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 May 2013, 20:02

ROONEY10 wrote:

i have town life, late night, 70s80s90s, diesel, fast lane, ambitions & master suite all installed & working (the first 2 are legit origin dl's)

can you tell me which order (if any) and what i need to do to make the remaining packs i download work??

I'm glad to hear that Very Happy
The order in which to install the stuff/expansion packs is not important. What you could also do, though, is this: after you finished downloading and installing the expansions you want, again, re-apply that manual patch, and re-apply the ultimate fix too (I know I'm repeating myself). Before starting the game, delete the cache files: (to be found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails".

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 06 May 2013, 13:45; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 13:41

Admin wrote:Hello,

There's no specific order for the expansion packs. Just to be sure, re-apply the manual patch after installing all the expansion packs you like.
After applying the manual patch, re-do step 3 and 4 and you're good to go: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck!
We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the result.

Carlos G. wrote:
ROONEY10 wrote:

i have town life, late night, 70s80s90s, diesel, fast lane, ambitions & master suite all installed & working (the first 2 are legit origin dl's)

I'm glad to hear that Very Happy
The order in which to install the stuff/expansion packs is not important. What you could also do, though, is this: after you finished downloading and installing the expansions you want, again, re-apply that manual patch, and re-apply the ultimate fix too (I know I'm repeating myself). Before starting the game, delete the cache files: (to be found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails".

thank you both, did everything you guys told me & pets/high-end stuff installed successfully, i've bookmarked this thread because generations, supernatural, world adventures, katy perry, uni life & showtime are all on my torrent list right now, so i'll re-do everything you guys listed above once ive downloaded the remaining packs...........

off topic but i googled around & people seem to have created a rap career for your sim, is it legit to DL?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 13:50

Which website?
Well it isn't EA supported, but safe to play with, depending on where you get it from...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 13:52

its off modthesims i cant post the link because ive not been a member for 7 days! but by legit i mean, will it mess up my game? i've been told CC can really have a adverse effect on your game!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 May 2013, 13:58

ROONEY10 wrote:its off modthesims i cant post the link because ive not been a member for 7 days! but by legit i mean, will it mess up my game? i've been told CC can really have a adverse effect on your game!

I suppose the only way would be to try out. However, before you do that, I would make a backup of your savefiles (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves), and when you start the game and realise that "something is wrong", exit the game without saving. Remove that CC then Wink.
I have downloaded myself a few custom careers from the
NRAAS Career website. I have no problems when playing them (like e.g. the assassination career Twisted Evil).

And yes, CC that was not officially made by EA has a higher chance of causing trouble.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 14:02

''Custom skill that allows you to keep track of your killing sprees'' sounds so cool! i'm going to try this & the rap career Smile

this is whats great about you guys, never leave anybody hangin...kudos on the quick replies!! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 May 2013, 14:05

ROONEY10 wrote:''Custom skill that allows you to keep track of your killing sprees'' sounds so cool! i'm going to try this & the rap career Smile

this is whats great about you guys, never leave anybody hangin...kudos on the quick replies!! <3

For the actual assassination career, you also have to download "The Family" (and of course the "Base mod" too). And then you apply for that job at the restaurant or diner Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top