Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved* Empty "No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved*

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:31

I put the crack in the right bin, the base game bin. When I try to play the sims 3 it tells me that there is no disc inserted for university life expansion(I have a few other expansions and it does the same) Could this be because I bought the sims 3 a while back and downloaded it from origin instead of using one of your downloads? Please help, I just want to play the fricken game. Sad

Update: Got permissions to replace files with crack files, now the sims 3 wont even pop up or load! I bought the sims 3 a while back so I did not download from you guys. I click play in the launcher and nothing happens.

Last edited by lordbeezy on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 02:31; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

"No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved* Empty Re: "No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved*

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 21:02

I have the same problem. Also downloaded and updated it through Origin. Mine's coming up with the error
Currently in the process of reinstalling the game, will let you know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

"No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved* Empty Re: "No disc inserted" for expansions *Resolved*

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 23:05

Reinstalling didn't fix it but I did place the files from the # crack folder back into the game and it worked fine. I think it's because the crack got broken whilst replacing files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 23:13

moo_fox wrote:Reinstalling didn't fix it but I did place the files from the # crack folder back into the game and it worked fine. I think it's because the crack got broken whilst replacing files.
I also just re installed lol, so I should just do that same as before and it should work? You did actually replace the file that the crack was trying to replace correct, not just skip over it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 23:22

lordbeezy wrote:
moo_fox wrote:Reinstalling didn't fix it but I did place the files from the # crack folder back into the game and it worked fine. I think it's because the crack got broken whilst replacing files.
I also just re installed lol, so I should just do that same as before and it should work? You did actually replace the file that the crack was trying to replace correct, not just skip over it?
Just go back to the sims fix folder then go into the # Crack folder and copy TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll to "Computer"/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and when the prompt comes up 'copy and replace'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 23:59

moo_fox wrote:
lordbeezy wrote:
Just go back to the sims fix folder then go into the # Crack folder and copy TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll to "Computer"/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and when the prompt comes up 'copy and replace
I don't have the 'copy and replace' option though. I have a 'replace' option, or 'skip file' option. I'm scared to click on replace again cause it made the whole game not load last time. Sorry if I sound like a idiot by the way! Just want my game to start working without having to re install again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top