Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop Empty My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 04:28

Hello! I have been a fan of Games4theworld since I started playing The Sims 3.

My game is in perfect condition, no problems until our PC needs a fresh reformat of the OS (Win.7).

I started installing TS3 including EPs (all downloaded from G4TW) including some Sims3 Store items.

I started playing again around a week ago. What's bothering me is that my game keeps on going to desktop. It doesn't really "crash" because I can simply click the icon again and continue playing. But it's starting to be a bother whenever I enter Build/Buy.

It keeps on returning to desktop.

I have the following EPs installed:
Generations
Ambitions
Seasons
70's, 80's, 90's stuff
Island Paradise

I have the following Mods from Nraas:
Mastercontroller
OnceRead
Overwatch

I also have Game Booster.

please  Help  me.  Thank you in advance.  Very Happy  The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop Empty Re: My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 17:05

Hello,

Does it crash to desktop (you can't return to the game)?
Or just switches?

Back to top Go down

My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop Empty Re: My Sims 3 just keeps on going to desktop

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:06

Hello! It just switches to desktop. Then I can click the Sims icon on the taskbar and I can continue playing. But it keeps on switching. I thought game booster might help but I am not sure though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 16:36

It would be because of notifications from other programs runnin g in the back ground. Mine used to close every time I got a messege on skype (VERY irritating) I would suggest looking at some of the programs running in the background. Sometimes running the game as administrator helps. If neither of those things work please be sure to let us know so we can help figure it out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 17:55

Greetings!
I played the game earlier today (+8GMT) and I've tried playing it as administrator and I have noticed that the switching didn't occur within 3 straight hours. What happens is that it lags on a specific Sim. Just one Sim which I made. The other in game sim (his wife and children) doesn't lag. It's kinda annoying because it lags about 5 sim seconds and he works as a gardener. Sorry about this new problem  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Aug 2014, 20:12

cielpurple wrote:Greetings!
I played the game earlier today (+8GMT) and I've tried playing it as administrator and I have noticed that the switching didn't occur within 3 straight hours. What happens is that it lags on a specific Sim. Just one Sim which I made. The other in game sim (his wife and children) doesn't lag. It's kinda annoying because it lags about 5 sim seconds and he works as a gardener. Sorry about this new problem  Sad 

I have two recommendations for you, when it comes to your sims lagging every so often:

1.  Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/.
Once you are in this folder, scroll down.  Delete the following files:  CASPartCache.packagecompositorCache.packagescriptCache.packagesimCompositorCache.package.   
Note:  You want to delete all four of these specific cache files whenever you either add a new neighborhood, download any custom content that will appear in Create a Family (CAS), when you download any mods, etc.  It is essential that you clear your game’s cache when anything new is added so that your game will run as smoothly and glitch free as possible.  Keep in mind as well, this step also applies if you end up taking away Custom Content (CC) or mods, too.  Not all files with the word ‘cache’ in them should be deleted, just the ones listed above.

2. Install these two mods:  Overwatch  and  MasterController.
Link 1: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch
Link 2: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

Note: The easiest way to use the Master Controller is to load up a family (perhaps even a family/save game that is acting slow or laggy), zooming out to 'Town View' and find your Town Hall.  Click on it and select the option 'NRass' then 'Master Controller'.  A whole menu should pop up for you.  At that point, click 'Town' and then 'Reset Everything'.  Let the mod and the game do its thing, as this may take a minute.  I suggest doing this every 12 hours (basically every day you play the game).  You can do this even after making a new family or save file!

I highly recommend doing #1 first, clearing the cache before game start up and then doing #2 after the cache has been cleared.  Boot up your saved game, and follow the steps above.

Let me know if this helps!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 03:04

Hello!
I have MasterController and Overwatch installed already. I will try that Smile Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 12:16

Hello!

I've tried deleting the cache files and resetting the game using Mastercontroller but that specific Sim is still laggy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 20 Aug 2014, 16:19

Hi,

So you're not having the "crash" effect anymore, or is it just delayed?

If your game is being auto-minimized for you, you might want to disable your virus protection if you have any for about an hour or two at most to see if that improves it.   You'd be surprised how often virus protection can get in the way.

Have you attempted to move all your mods to your desktop and run your game without them?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 01:55

Hello! I do apologize for the very late response.

I have tried deleting caches and reseting the town everytime I play. It helps. The "going back to the desktop but not crashing" problem didn't occur for the past days that I have played.

And I think the reason I'm having a lag on a specific Sim is because of the items in his/her inventory. She's a gardener and I don't wanna sell all her harvested goods at once.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Sep 2014, 02:09

cielpurple wrote:
And I think the reason I'm having a lag on a specific Sim is because of the items in his/her inventory. She's a gardener and I don't wanna sell all her harvested goods at once.

Hello cielpurple,

Yes, depending on how many items your sims have in their inventories, it can also cause a range of issues, like game lag, the infamous error 12, and so on. In your case, you could try putting the harvestables into your fridge, if you don't want to sell them immediately. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top