Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Windows 7.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Windows 7. Empty Installing Windows 7.

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 15:25

I've just downloaded Windows 7 to do a clean install over Vista, I know I'm going to have to back up any files to an external hard drive, I've downloaded the windows 7 torrent and mounted the iso to a virtual drive with Daemon tools and was wondering if I can install from there or do I need to burn the iso to a disc.

Back to top Go down

Installing Windows 7. Empty Re: Installing Windows 7.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Aug 2014, 16:02

cumbria wrote:I've just downloaded Windows 7 to do a clean install over Vista, I know I'm going to have to back up any files to an external hard drive, I've downloaded the windows 7 torrent and mounted the iso to a virtual drive with Daemon tools and was wondering if I can install from there or do I need to burn the iso to a disc.

Hello,

I would actually suggest you burn that onto a DVD, and start the installation from that (optical) disc then. If necessary, you might also need to change the settings in your BIOS, to allow the computer to boot from the DVD drive.

Good luck for now, and feel free to post back for any follow-up questions !

//EDIT

Please also take note of the included installation guide in the Windows 7 download, for entering the BIOS and changing the settings there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 16:07

Thank you what's the best software to use to burn a disc.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Aug 2014, 16:12

cumbria wrote:Thank you what's the best software to use to burn a disc.

I used to use "Ashampoo Burning Studio", but there are many programs you can use. Others are, for example, Daemon tools, PowerISO or good old "Nero Burning Suite". While the exact wording may depend on what program you use, you should look for something like "burn image file to DVD", which will allow you to burn that .ISO image to a physical DVD.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 16:15

Thank you, I think that's all for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:58

cumbria wrote:Thank you, I think that's all for now.

Once you (properly) burn that .ISO to a DVD, and set your BIOS to boot from the optical disc drive, the rest should be pretty straightforward, but feel free to post back if you have more questions. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top