Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Mac guide: HELP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Mac guide: HELP.  Empty Sims 3 Mac guide: HELP.

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 19:38

I am very confused on how this installation process is working perfectly for everyone else using macs except me...
As stated on the 'Sims 3 Mac Guide' I have followed all the instructions to great detail. When I am told to make the new .iso file using Terminal, I do so. This works and when I click on the new Sims3.iso file I just made it is automatically mounted like it said it would. But inside the mounted disk image there is no 'The Sims 3 Installer' .... Just a bunch of random files that I don't know what to do with....

Can somebody help me?

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Mac guide: HELP.  Empty Re: Sims 3 Mac guide: HELP.

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 05:08

I think people were having issues with this before and that that the torrent used in the installation guide was removed or replaced or something like that. But Dale posted a different way of installing the base game: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1142-update-read-before-posting-anything-related-to-the-sims-3

I haven't used this method myself though. Also make sure you used Stuffit Expander 2009 to unrar the files after you get them installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 01:40

It didn't work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 02:57

Did you copy all the files from the .rar you expanded into the disk image?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top