Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8.1 pro x64 mdr error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 8.1 pro x64 mdr error. Empty Windows 8.1 pro x64 mdr error.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 16:25

hello...

thanks for your upload...

i am having some trouble with the windows 8.1 pro x64 that you have uploaded at kickass.to.
when i try to install it from bootable usb its says that you have to reformat your entire disk to gpt. If i do that i will lose all of my data...

If you know how to convert disk format for mbr to gpt without data loss then tell me that method. (i have only one hard disk with 5 partitions on it. i want to install windows 8.1 to my c drive and i don't want to lose my data of more then 250 GB in other partitions).

or is there any way to install it on mbr partitioned hard drive... (i am currently running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my system)

If you can help me on this i will be very thankful to you...

thanks for reading this...

Back to top Go down

Windows 8.1 pro x64 mdr error. Empty Re: Windows 8.1 pro x64 mdr error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Aug 2014, 18:49

alpha02 wrote:hello...

thanks for your upload...

i am having some trouble with the windows 8.1 pro x64 that you have uploaded at kickass.to.
when i try to install it from bootable usb its says that you have to reformat your entire disk to gpt. If i do that i will lose all of my data...

If you know how to convert disk format for mbr to gpt without data loss then tell me that method. (i have only one hard disk with 5 partitions on it. i want to install windows 8.1 to my c drive and i don't want to lose my data of more then 250 GB in other partitions).

or is there any way to install it on mbr partitioned hard drive... (i am currently running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my system)

If you can help me on this i will be very thankful to you...

thanks for reading this...

Hello,

I'm not sure if that's what you want to know, but if you start the installation of Windows 8, under "Custom installation" (?), you should get an option to choose on which partition you want to install Windows 8. So if you then choose the C: partition, the other partitions shouldn't be affected by that. 

The next possibility would be that you simply try and back up all your important data, on an external hard-drive for example. If that is possible for you though. Then you can format your entire hard-drive as you wish.

If that's not what you wanted to hear, please wait for a reply from the Admin. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top