Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file Empty windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 07:18

hi everyone Smile

so recently I changed my OS to windows 8. Before, I used windows 7, and I had all of sims 3 expansion pack and everything. When i was using windows 7, Ive never had problems with my sims 3. It runs smoothly and i never had any kin of installation or booting problems. 3-4 days before sims 3 university life released, I installed my windows 8 OS and I installed everything I need like when i was using windows 7. And I installed all my sims again, complete with my package files, which never caused any problem. I was upset when I first start my sims 3 university life and it crashed when I got into the university life loading screen. I tried to find the solution and found that visual studio may cause the problem since this is the first time I installed visual studio for school project. Then i found in this site that I might solve this problem by changing .exe to windows 95 compability mode. It works and now i could enter the game and actually play. But what I notice is that EVERYTIME i save, error 16 will occur. I tried to startover with new town and it still shows error 16. The other problem is that my sims 3 wont read .package. I have some downloads and it works, it just wont read .package. I know I have put it in the right folder and use the right framework because Ive been using .package files for a long time. I believe that my laptop spec may not have anything to do with this since Ive used this laptop to play sims 3 previously with windos 7 OS

can someone help me? Sad
i would really appreciate your help

Back to top Go down

windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file Empty Re: windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

Post by invalidusername Sat 16 Mar 2013, 16:03

Try to run the game without any mods or cc first, so that we can know how a clean game plays. UL changed A LOT of how things work in the game, so a lot of mods &cc because outdated.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file Empty Re: windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:58

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 03:00

yesssss please Sad I still need help

I already tried running with without any cc. nothing changed.
I use nRaas mods and I already downloaded the latest mods, so I knew that it should've worked.
What should I do to fix this error 16 and .package?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 15:54

Hello,

This...
invalidusername wrote:Try to run the game without any mods or cc first, so that we can know how a clean game plays.

also means removing this...
landamiaw wrote:I use nRaas mods and (...)

So please back up and remove ALL your Mods and Custom Content and then try again.
More information about in-game saving errors can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 14:12

Hi.

Ive removed all mods, and still my sims 3 cannot save. I also cannot load previously saved-as game that had error code 16. So basically, when I save, it will show error code 16, and then I try save-as then it will save but i cannot load the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top