Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED] Empty trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 19:50

hey guys, I was hoping to get some help installing the sims 3 complete with all expansions. I have downloaded it to the applications folder (I'm using a macbook pro) and followed the directions to "show package contents" and navigate all the way to the Bin folder. When I get there, there is supposed to be a pop-up that appears telling me that the file already exists and I'm supposed to choose "replace". The problem I'm having is that this pop up doesn't come up. I know it says I have to have one or more expansion packs already installed, I've never really done this before so, I don't want to assume that just because I downloaded it and it's in the apps folder with the rest of the game that this means it's installed. Any & all help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED] Empty Re: trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 23:29

Hello Shanneerrz Smile

So, you downloaded the game and just put it in your Application folder ? That might be the problem Smile You need to install it to go on with the next step.
But then I'm not sure how you can still replace file ...

Did you actually went thru the installation process ?
If so, than you shouldn't have problem to replace your files.

Did you try to launch the game even after putting the files in the Bin folder ?

Back to top Go down

trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED] Empty Re: trouble installing, did everything on the directions! any help would be great :) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 23:36

Okay well, I do feel stupid haha. I installed this game before but deleted it to download this file, last time it was clear how to install it. This time though, I don't see the installer only the uninstaller? Thanks for your help, I'm really eager to play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 23:39

Haa Smile That must be it than Smile

Did you read the installation pdf for Mac ? That might help you.
Here : http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 00:02

okay, thank-you! I got the base game installed but I'm having trouble converting the expansions. The files are not .rar, they're .exe & .dll. I downloaded stuffit expander but I'm stuck at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 01:27

The expansions should be in .rar too.
Are you talking of the crack files that are in .exe and .dll ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 01:40

I feel like I was just born. I was talking about the wrong thing :$::$:...where do I find the .rar files for the expansion, I searched all documents for .rar and nothing came up? I'm sorry I'm so clueless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 02:00

Hahah Smile
No problem Smile

You won't find it in the documentation, but you'll find torrent file on this page : http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 02:06

I was under the impression that I downloaded them from the pirate bay..i can't post links so its here:  se/torrent/10294186/The_Sims_3_COMPLETE_(ALL_EP_s___SP_s_-_06.2014)_(Mac_OS_X). Was it not included in this download? IM SO CONFUSED :DedicatedToLorilihimNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 02:54

Hi there, the link you gave us did not come from games4world.
The person who uploaded did use games4world's other expansions to finish off into a complete expansion.

Since this came with all the EP already pre-installed, you simply follow what the description said. "The Sims 3.app" to applications folder". All you have to do is double click the sims 3 app after you placed it, and just enjoy the game.

However, I have not download that file myself, and I'm not sure if there are any extra instruction provided. If there are, please do include the instruction, and we can help you out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 04:32

Hi, thanks for helping! here are the instructions which is why I initially had an issue, I'm not getting the pop-up that it talks about in number 3. I tried attached the installation instructions but it wouldn't let me, Ill try to post it in steps. THANK YOUUU!   NoobHelp

1. First check which expansions you've installed. ONLY follow the instructions for the expansions you have installed, IGNORE THE OTHER STEPS! (NOTE: steps 10 to 14 apply to EVERYONE!)
2. In order for this Fix to work, you need AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations!
 (IF YOU DON’T INSTALL AT LEAST ONE OF THESE EXPANSIONS, THE
GAME STILL WON’T WORK!)
3. For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\ The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
4. For The Sims 3 - World Adventures: open the "World Adventures" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: World Adventures icon. Click "Show original".
Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 04:33

Ok. Did you try to launch the game after replacing the file ?
What does it say ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 04:36

my problem is that I cannot replace the file because the pop up box doesn't come up 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 04:38

Hm.
Start by repairing your permissions on your Mac.
Go to Application > Utilities > Disk Utility
Click on your hard drive and click on : Repair Permissions.

It might take time. It might not. Than just try to replace again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 04:56

So I repaired the permissions & still nothing, maybe I'm doing something else wrong. It says open the .rar file that is the base game, but I don't see that as a .rar, i only see that in the crack file. I'm starting to feel like it has to be me Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 04:58

Ok. Let me get that straight.

What are you doing exactly ? You download the torrent, than what ? Walk me thru it. I feel like I missing info Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 05:15

I downloaded it, opened it and moved it to the applications** file, I can open the game but I want to be able to use the EPs. Then I tried to do the steps; I guess what I need to do first is figure out how I know which Eps are already installed? I appreciate your patience SO much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 05:18

To know which EP are install you should be able to know it when the launcher appears, at the very bottom, there is a series of icons, hover on them, the lights one are the expansions installed.

Here is another solution for replacing file.
Select The Sims 3.app
Cmd+I when The Sims 3.app is select
Check at the very bottom : Share and Permissions.
Put everyone on "Read and Write"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 06:36

The torrent you download said all the EP are installed; when you see the launcher you can see the little icon indicating all the EP that has be installed.

It would be helpful for me if you can screenshot the completed download files. I want to see what was included.
Also please screenshot your launcher too. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 07:09

So I'm not really sure which troubleshooting tactic was successful but I am now able to launch my game and access the EP's. I seriously cannot say thank-you enough times! I appreciate your help so so much! Surprised⭕o

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 07:10

Yay! I'm glad everything worked out~ ^^
Enjoy playing!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:27

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top