Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

try to install but it asks for the code...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

try to install but it asks for the code... - Page 2 Empty try to install but it asks for the code...

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 03:09

First topic message reminder :

hi im a newb at this. i have downloaded the sims 3 pets but when i install it keeps asking for the 20 digit alpha-numerical code... how do i install without it? and can this be repeated for other sims3 downloads?
plz help... i found the instructions and video incomprehensible.... (step by step instructions would be awesome if possible....)

Back to top Go down

try to install but it asks for the code... - Page 2 Empty Re: try to install but it asks for the code...

Post by Guest Sun 14 Sep 2014, 23:47

tried both ways AND it shows up in installed content tab... what now?

Back to top Go down

try to install but it asks for the code... - Page 2 Empty Re: try to install but it asks for the code...

Post by Guest Sun 14 Sep 2014, 23:49

K1T73N wrote:tried both ways AND it shows up in installed content tab... what now?

Please, take a look at this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Read it carefully and follow the instructions in there. Let us know if this fixed the problem. Good luck!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 00:32

it says to go to launcher and uninstall sims 3 packs... do i do ALL of them or just the worlds? if so ill have to redownload all of them since they are from this website's downloads... is there an easier way to reinstall them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 00:49

K1T73N wrote:it says to go to launcher and uninstall sims 3 packs... do i do ALL of them or just the worlds? if so ill have to redownload all of them since they are from this website's downloads... is there an easier way to reinstall them?

According to the guide you must uninstall all of them. But, did you delete the Sims3Packs you downloaded after installing them? When you download a Sims3Pack and put it in the Downloads folder to install them, you can use these same Sims3Packs to re-install the content you had. They are not one-time use, as long as you don't delete them. Wink

So, if you uninstall all of the Installed Content and follow the rest of the steps, at the end you would only need to go to the Downloads tab and install all of it again, without needing to re-download them. Very Happy

Of course, this is if you didn't delete them. If you did, you would have to download them again. Sorry! 

Please, keep us updated. Good luck!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 00:58

i didn't know that uninstalling and deleting from install tab would keep them in downloads tab... i didn't want to do the launcher til i got an answer... thx...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Sep 2014, 02:17

K1T73N wrote:i didn't know that uninstalling and deleting from install tab would keep them in downloads tab... i didn't want to do the launcher til i got an answer... thx...

I would have actually suggested to try the following, before attempting the solution SeoY posted before, with deleting all .sims3packs.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the compositorCache.package file. After that, put the .sims3pack of the (Riverview) world again into the "Downloads"-folder. Re-install the file with the launcher then, and see if the neighborhood shows up in your game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 02:42

@carlos, thx anyways...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:31

Hello K1T73N,
Is your game working now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 02:31

well, it was working fine yesterday, but then earlier today i did a disk defrag and a disk clean up. now it keeps crashing before fully loading... any idea on how to fix it now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 02:41

K1T73N wrote:well, it was working fine yesterday, but then earlier today i did a disk defrag and a disk clean up. now it keeps crashing before fully loading... any idea on how to fix it now?

Hi again! Smile

You should take a look at this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If I may ask, how did you do the defrag? Did you use a special program or used the built-in one? I don't think just doing a defrag or disk clean up may cause this, except if you deleted something you shouldn't have. Still, try the instructions on the link and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 03:10

thank you seoy... and yes, i used the built in one...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 03:12

K1T73N wrote:thank you seoy... and yes, i used the built in one...

No problem!

Still, I don't think the defrag caused this. I may be wrong, though. Be sure to let us know if any of the tips of the post helped. Please, be sure to try all of them. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 04:46

The very first one fixed it!!! Thank You Soooo Much Seoy!!! Laughing but where are ll my downloads? do i just copy & paste from backup folder, like for my saved games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 05:08

K1T73N wrote:The very first one fixed it!!! Thank You Soooo Much Seoy!!! Laughing but where are ll my downloads? do i just copy & paste from backup folder, like for my saved games?

That's good to hear!

If removing the Mods and CC fixed it, then maybe you should check that all of them are updated, and none conflict with each other. After that, you could try reinstalling them. For Sims3Packs, you only need to copy the Downloads folder and install them again. For the .packages, you would need to copy the Mods folder.

If you have any other questions or issues, we'll be here to help you though them. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top