Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game crashing Empty game crashing

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 03:47

Hi, so thanks for all the help I've been getting, I've now installed and cracked the base game, ambitions, WA, town life, late night and generations, and it seems to work fine... until I am playing the game and I try to begin to move in a new household and at the point when you buy a house to zooming in to focus on your sims it crashes and freezes up every time. Before that I can scroll around the map fine, create sims fine, but at that point it just freezes forcing me to force quit and it's infuriating! Any ideas what it might be and how to solve it?
I had none of the games installed before, followed the mac installation guide and ultimate fix guide to the letter so I hope I don't have to reinstall them...

Back to top Go down

game crashing Empty Re: game crashing

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 07:31

Question, are you running Lion and what Mac computer are you on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 12:03

I am running Lion on a 2.4ghz macbook pro, 4gb ram, is that ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 13:27

I was just asking because there's a lot of people having the same issues who are running Lion with certain graphics cards (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 and Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 and NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256). MBP 13in have been having issues because of the lower graphics card than it's 15in and 17in counterparts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 13:28

oh really? I have the nvidia 320m card, do you know if there's a patch available to fix this or anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 13:36

You're out of luck as of now. I don't think EA will rereleasing anything anytime soon. However, Apple's update for Lion (10.7.2) might be able to fix it. I read from someone who has the developer beta that it fixes the issue. A couple of other solutions I've read are:
- Partitioning your drive and installing Snow Leopard. (could be slow though)
- Using Time Machine to go back to Snow Leopard.
- I also read that if you don't update the game it should be able to work.
- Completely reinstalling Snow Leopard
- Waiting
You can keep up with the news on the Sims 3 Forum, there's a 46 page thread on it. Sorry Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 13:38

ughhh that really sucks, do we have any notion of when 10.7.2 will be released? I really don't want to go back to snow leopard.
Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 14:15

I have no idea. Soon though ? It seems soon. Or maybe not. The beta was released less than 2 weeks ago from my knowledge. I don't know how long it takes after that. Sorry I couldn't help more~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top