Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED] Empty Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 23:03

Ok what's going on...

Ever since installing SN I've experienced some minor glitches and freezing issues, but now it's gotten worse, to the point my game is unplayable.
I've tried everything. Defragmenting, removing CC, cleaning my registry, adding it to the DEP, changing in-game settings, game booster etc. The only thing I haven't tried yet is uninstalling and re-installing the game or buying more RAM (I have 2GB RAM, that may be the problem).

I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 00:30

About the error code 12, I tried this and it worked for me www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGGYziGMOc, try the 3gb fix....

Back to top Go down

Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Oct 2012, 09:57

Hello,

There's also information about save errors here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 14:08

Johoson wrote:About the error code 12, I tried this and it worked for
me www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGGYziGMOc, try the 3gb fix....

How am I supposed to allow the game to use more than 2GB memory when I ONLY have 2GB? -____-
Next time, read the OP first.

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Thanks but, I already know about save errors, I've been dealing with them for a long time now. In this case, that's not even my biggest problem, crashing is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Oct 2012, 20:16

Hello,

Try backing up and removing this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 20:43

I also have 2 GB of RAM and when I use crash analyzer it says that I need more RAM. I don`t install SN cuz of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:22

Psychotic wrote:

Thanks but, I already know about save errors, I've been dealing with them for a long time now. In this case, that's not even my biggest problem, crashing is.

Hello,

It could be that the crashing is related to the save errors though, if it is limited to 1 savegame. Have you tried all of these?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:23

Admin wrote:Hello,

Try backing up and removing this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Ok, I did a fresh install and made a new "The Sims 3" folder (I transferred some sub-folders from the old one into it though). I also checked my hard drive for errors (don't know if that helps). Good luck to me!

The Cat In Boots wrote:I also have 2 GB of RAM and when I use crash analyzer it says that I need more RAM. I don`t install SN cuz of this.

Aww, yeah, I'm pretty sure my insufficient RAM is causing a lot of those problems. Oh well, I'll probably end up buying some more.

It could be that the crashing is related to the save errors though, if it is limited to 1 savegame. Have you tried all of these?

Yes, except from playing in windowed mode (can't stand it) and assigning more RAM to the game (I don't have any).

//EDIT

Aaaaaaaaaaaannndd......still crashing! Very Happy

Whatever I give up.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 06 Oct 2012, 20:06

What subfolders did you put back into the sims 3 folder when it was regenerated?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 21:28

invalidusername wrote:What subfolders did you put back into the sims 3 folder when it was regenerated?

Custom Music
DCBackup
DCCache
Downloads
InstalledWorlds
Library
Mods
SavedSims
Saves
and the Options file.

I'm pretty sure it's my RAM that's causing all those probems tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 07 Oct 2012, 01:12

I'd try play-testing it without those folders though. So if you need to, back them up again, then remove the entire sims 3 folder and try without them.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sun 07 Oct 2012, 01:41

Did you notice any improvement when using Gamebooster over not using it?

Have you tried to update your graphics card?

A way around adding RAM might be Readyboost, I'm not sure how much it would help, I have my internal SD card adapter with a SD card in it with readyboost on. Had 4 GB towards it used, but now noticed I could re-format it to exFAT and have all of it being used. So like 14.8 of my 16 GB SD card(Which I got a few years ago for mainly readyboost), I haven't tested with really doing anything with it atm tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost

Edit: Or even maybe even add more Virtual memory. Just uses harddrive as "RAM" which is slower compared to RAM, so might change to use over background task, but it's worth a shot adding more virtual memory I guess.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff382717.aspx
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 13:39

invalidusername wrote:I'd try play-testing it without those folders
though. So if you need to, back them up again, then remove the entire
sims 3 folder and try without them.

Uhh ok I'll do that. Even though I can't stand looking at my sims without custom skins :/

t2sink wrote:Did you notice any improvement when using Gamebooster over not using it?

Have you tried to update your graphics card?

A way around adding RAM might be Readyboost, I'm not sure how much it would help, I have my internal SD card adapter with a SD card in it with readyboost on. Had 4 GB towards it used, but now noticed I could re-format it to exFAT and have all of it being used. So like 14.8 of my 16 GB SD card(Which I got a few years ago for mainly readyboost), I haven't tested with really doing anything with it atm tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost

Edit: Or even maybe even add more Virtual memory. Just uses harddrive as "RAM" which is slower compared to RAM, so might change to use over background task, but it's worth a shot adding more virtual memory I guess.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff382717.aspx

Nope, no improvement strangely.

My graphics card is up to date.

Well, that sounds rather complicated...I think I'll try ReadyBoost tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 07 Oct 2012, 19:00

Psychotic wrote:
Uhh ok I'll do that. Even though I can't stand looking at my sims without custom skins :/

Neither can I, but you'll be adding everything back in after this, probably. I just want to see if running the game basically like-new will help at all.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 16:44

invalidusername wrote:
Psychotic wrote:
Uhh ok I'll do that. Even though I can't stand looking at my sims without custom skins WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Neither can I, but you'll be adding everything back in after this, probably. I just want to see if running the game basically like-new will help at all.

Ok I did as you said and here's what I got out of it:

- Ugly Sims
- A badly decorated house
- Faster loading times
- No lag
- No crashing and errors.

I think that playing the game with no custom content whatsoever did the trick, cause I have a TON of store content, CC and mods. I really don't wanna get rid of them though. Sad
What should I do now??

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:19

You could go through and remove the pieces that you don't use that often. Your skins should be perfectly fine to put back in, but just choose your favorite bits to definitely keep, and sort through the rest.

This thread has some good alternatives to installing cc, if you'd like to go that route. I personally use ccmagic and I love it, but not everybody has the same feelings.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 21:36

I downloaded CCMagic and I'm gonna check it out now. Very Happy
I always merged my CC into a single .package file using s3pe. Isn't that supposed to help?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 09 Oct 2012, 02:43

When doing that, I'm guessing that sometimes things get merged improperly by the program. I remember that at one point somebody said that you shouldn't have the files above a certain size, and that would help reduce errors.

CCMagic does do the merging of package and sims3packs that you have it using though, so you shouldn't have to worry about that portion any more.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:24

I see. I'm still trying to figure out how CCMagic works. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 09 Oct 2012, 23:11

To get the files to be read by it, put them into the downloads folder, then open the program. After that, you can organize them, if you'd like, or you can leave them all just in the program how they load up. It cannot, however be used for world and sim files. Just sims3pack and packages. You can also run the game by using this, if you haven't noticed.

Do you have any specific questions or problems with it?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 14:56

No, I'm good. Smile

I'll go buy more RAM memory tomorrow so hopefully my game will start functioning properly again.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:34

Ok. Smile Glad I could help, and I hope that works to get your game playing well again.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:41

Hello,

Can we consider this topic solved?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 23:37

I bought 2 more GBs of RAM and now my game runs perfectly!! Smoothly, no lag, no crashing/errors etc. Crashing, stuck on saving, more crashing, error code 12, even more crashing... [SOLVED] 294340757

Well, that solves my problem..........until Seasons is released.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 12 Oct 2012, 23:46

Awesome! Very Happy Enjoy the game!
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top