Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 22:19

Hello all,

I have recently reformatted my windows with this Games4theworld, all went seemingly well but once I tried to connect my computer to the Internet the router-network only listed dial up as a possible connection option, no longer wifi or broadband? Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 25 Sep 2014, 22:33

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the Forum!
Did you connect your PC via a LAN cable? If not, try that first. It should work fine.
IF that worked, you probably just need the drivers for your wireless card. If you know it's brand/model, look up the drivers.

If your PC was a pre-built one, please provide your PC's brand and (exact) model.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to connect to the Internet - Windows 7 All editions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 22:36

Thanks for the welcome, ok I will give that a try and keep you updated as to the results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Sep 2014, 22:42

Hi there,

Please do so, and good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Sep 2014, 22:08

Crabapple wrote:Hello all,

I have recently reformatted my windows with this Games4theworld, all went seemingly well but once I tried to connect my computer to the Internet the router-network only listed dial up as a possible connection option, no longer wifi or broadband? Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Hello Crabapple,

Adding to what the Admin said, keep in mind too that many (or even most) pre-built PC manufacturers will either provide a CD with all the necessary drivers, or they may even have put the driver installation files somewhere on your hard-drive already. If you got a CD, just insert it into the CD/DVD drive, and follow the instructions, and if there are any driver installation files on your computer already, just start the installation (with the installation.exe files of each driver).

Do make sure to check out the documentation manuals that (probably ?) came along with your computer. Or provide the name/model details of your computer, yes. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:03

Hey there admin and Carlos,

Success, delayed by downloading incorrect driver files or they would then want me to connect to the internet to complete the action, but success nevertheless.

Thank you very much for the advice, it prevented a major moment of OH SH** I BROKE MY COMPUTER.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Oct 2014, 21:01

Crabapple wrote:Hey there admin and Carlos,

Success, delayed by downloading incorrect driver files or they would then want me to connect to the internet to complete the action, but success nevertheless.

Thank you very much for the advice, it prevented a major moment of OH SH** I BROKE MY COMPUTER.

What is happening ? Do you still need assistance with anything ? Smile 

//EDIT

OK, since the problem appears to be solved, I'll close the thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you have any other issues. Until then: have fun ! Smile  Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top