Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme Empty The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 18:08

"Tomorrow is a big day for "The Sims 4" players as EA tweeted a possible expansion packthat will be rolled out. It features a scary theme in time for the celebration of Halloween."

Read the rest here: http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/568312/20141001/sims-4-first-expansion-pack-rollout-tomorrow.htm#.VCwmbZRdWSo

Back to top Go down

The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme Empty Re: The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 19:35

its not an EP just gone on the sims 4 website and its added ghost and stuff like that in with the new patch that everyone just got its on there website with the change notes

//EDIT

http://help.ea.com/uk/article/the-sims-4-updates/    
look its not an EP its all in a new update that come out today

Back to top Go down

The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme Empty Re: The first Sims 4 EP coming tomorrow with halloween theme

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:08

Hi there! Smile

They aren't technically EPs, they are free patches. And the October 1st isn't going to be the only one. Apparently they are going to add Pools and more Careers in some patches at November and December, respectively.

Take a look here:
http://simsvip.com/2014/10/01/ea-announces-new-game-content-via-game-patches/

The bad news is that they are going to keep adding patches to the game, which will make it difficult to crack. The good news is that they are implementing stuff that people felt was "missing" from the game, in free patches. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:20

yes ive seen this too its good and its free so thats saving us all alot more money

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:14

SeoY wrote:(...)

The bad news is that they are going to keep adding patches to the game, which will make it difficult to crack. 

kidrock2k12 wrote:yes ive seen this too its good and its free so thats saving us all alot more money

Unless EA decides to release manual offline patches (which won't happen anytime soon I guess), people can't 'accidentally' update the pirated game anymore, unlike in Sims 3 (just check out all these posts in the "News" area, titled "do not update to game version 1.xx yet...."). People will have to put in the updated program file folders manually and deliberately, in order to update the game.

So this small fact will definitely play in our favor a little bit. Why ?

People won't be upset because they updated 'accidentally'. In such a case, people would find themselves having an outdated crack. But since that can't happen so easily now, it'll give us a bit of leeway when a new patch is released.

Also, depending on how frequent these updates are, we might even consider "skipping" small and unimportant updates (i.e. those that don't really add any meaningful improvements to the game). Of course, we'll try and release working cracks for each patch version. But we'll have to see.

Indeed, in the event that these small updates happen often, it's probably more feasible for us if we just "skip" minor updates that don't add any meaningful functionality.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:50

• Ghosts (October 1st)
• Star Wars Costumes (October 1st)
• New Gnome (October 1st)
• New Eye Colors (October 1st)
• Pools (November 2014)

• Careers (December 2014)

I'm so ready!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 03:28

I am honestly shocked that they are giving this for free even though they know that most of the Sims players are zombies and would have paid their crazy fees for it. Although we can debate whether this is actually free cuz Those crazy people actually paid for an unfinished game on release day. But I digress. I shall wait until Black Friday to buy this game. Because even with these additions, I refuse to pay more than $30.

Also, they had better add the medical and political career tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:02

it is true with these update the free stuff with them is good news for players as it should of already been in game new jobs are welcomed no police jobs medical or fire how could they miss this out and carlos is right they prob will not release any offline patch for the game so if they keep updating as often as they are witch having the game is almost every week its gonna be hard to make cracks for it but i'm glad there giving this stuff free in update because i refuse to pay a fortune for an ep that adds nothing or very little

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:08

I played last night, forgot about changing/updating my mods. Most do work with this update. But my game was buggy, skippy, laggy and would crash when trying to do things that aren't even effected by the mods I use, weird. My mp3s crashed it (removed), some clothing crashed it(removed) and a 3rd time for some reason while out of my room (just saved). There is a crash report but who the hell is gonna read all that mixed up letters and numbers that has no real words in it. So right now other than those things, its playable just annoying. Got an auto saver today will she how that works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 09:24

works just fine for me this update soo all i can say to you you should of removed all mods and custom content b4 updating your game . EA tell you that and on sims vip and loads of other sims related sites

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Oct 2014, 21:13

Well, at least legit owners of the game now get a bit more for the money they paid. Not bad ! Didn't expect that to happen...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Oct 2014, 23:14

Hi there,

People probably complained so much, that they decided to "make up" for it.
They could've just added pools in the base game, but probably decided to add those later after all, after all of the criticism from their players.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top